Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Surrey
Job Type: Full-Time
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
About Coast Capital Savings
Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union (“Coast Capital” or “the Credit Union”) is Canada’s largest credit union by membership and for nearly 80 years, British Columbians have turned to Coast Capital to help them manage their money and improve their financial well-being. Coast Capital is a co-operative credit union owned by the 550,000+ members who bank with them. It offers retail and commercial banking, investment and insurance services in the Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley, Okanagan and Vancouver Island regions of British Columbia. An Imagine Canada Caring Company and a certified B Corporation in recognition of its social performance, the credit union invested $5.6 million into local communities in 2019, focusing on empowering and engaging youth. Coast Capital is one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures™, and is a winner of the Canada's Best Managed Companies Platinum Club designation. In November 2018 Coast Capital Savings was approved to become BC’s first Federal Credit Union.
Coast Capital is at an exciting time in its evolution. Having become one of the first Federal Credit Unions, the Vice President, Marketing has the opportunity to grow Canada’s largest provincial credit union into a true national competitor. Included in the scope for this role is full oversight for the Coast Capital brand, supporting the organizations’ various lines of business and acting as a leader of strategy across the enterprise.
Based in our Help Head Quarters in Surrey and reporting to our Chief Strategy Officer this position is responsible for defining the Coast Capital brand strategy, and ensuring the brand is consistent across all internal and external touchpoints. Key aspects of this role are the development and deployment of comprehensive marketing strategies that span the full marketing stack, including: member acquisition, upsell & cross-sell, member retention, content marketing, social media and digital marketing. The VP, Marketing is responsible for developing and delivering on these strategies to support all lines of business at Coast Capital including Retail, Commercial, Wealth as well as Auto & Equipment Finance. Additionally, this position supports other divisions with marketing strategy and execution such as HR, Community and IT. The Vice President Marketing is also the leader to a group of motivated marketers; acts as a representative and voice for both marketing and the member; and active participant as part of the Senior Leadership Team.
Further specific areas of responsibility include:
- Acts as the company's chief advocate for the brand and growth and advancement of the brand
- Provides strategic marketing advice to Executive Committee(EXCO) and Senior Leadership Team (SLT), to align operational activities, brand management with corporate objectives and strategy
- Leads Marketing Division on specific stakeholder issues, e.g. brand, advertising, social media, media buying
- Provides leadership and sets clear expectations and goals with direct and indirect reports and holds people appropriately accountable for results
- Provides community leadership wherever possible including industry associations, not for profit organizations and/or educational institutions
- Oversees the development and execution of brand/digital marketing and content/social media strategies and plans to increase brand health, drive member growth and loyalty
- Mentors, guides and coaches leaders in order to expand their capabilities and build management depth in the organization. Ensures that right leaders with the right skills are able to articulate and execute divisional strategies. Leading by example, inspires both direct and indirect reports to take the lead or actively support corporate initiatives
- Oversees the development of member journeys and cross-channel contact strategies
- Oversee relationships with advertising and media agencies of record and related vendors
- Develop and execute divisional annual operating strategies/plans including oversight of Marketing budget and spend management
- Act as a key member and contributor to the marketing division's Chief Strategy Officer and participates in strategic planning and activities
- Contributes to the development of differentiated member products and services in alignment with strategy
- Develops dashboards, analyses, optimizes and reports on performance for marketing initiatives to a cross-enterprise group of stakeholders
- Measures and manages brand perception and awareness metrics
- Measures marketing ROI on campaigns, LTV on member segments, and develops programs to optimize each
- Effectively manages the Marketing team’s human resources through workforce planning, performance management, coaching and feedback, succession planning, developing talent and driving engagement and a culture aligned with our vision, mission and values within the division
The successful candidate will have significant senior leadership experience in a Marketing role ideally in the financial services sector, come with a proven track-record of leading marketing teams and deep knowledge of marketing, brand management, advertising, communications, customer experience, loyalty and digital marketing.
Additionally, this person will have the following key assets:
- 10+ years of progressively responsible senior management experience in the marketing field.
- Experience in a regulated Financial Services is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or a diploma requiring 3 – 4 years of full-time study in a related field
- Expert communication skills, including writing, editing, and presentation skills
- Advanced project management, organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated advanced critical, innovative, and creative thinking
- Proven track record in expert development and oversight of comprehensive internal & external marketing strategies, strategic communications, marketing, and branding
- Expert interpersonal skills and extensive experience with cross-enterprise stakeholder engagement
In addition to these specific qualifications our Leadership Imperatives act as a guide for our Senior Leadership Team. Leaders are asked to progressively demonstrate these Imperatives. Coast Capital strategy flows from them and if kept in mind, we will uphold our brand, core values, business models, mission and vision.
Coast Capital’s Leadership Imperatives
- Leads Change and Transformation
- Leads the Organization through change
- Sparks organizational transformation and innovation
- Empowers for results
- Fosters a sense of purpose
- Creates conditions for bold performance
- Builds autonomy
- Develops Talent
- Develops self
- Advocates a coach approach
- Builds a culture that develops talent
- Executes Strategy
- Generates bold strategies that transform the business
- Connects and aligns people to strategy
- Creates accountability and commitment
Why join Coast Capital Savings?
We don’t mean to toot our own horn, but…
- We improve Canadians’ financial well-being through providing simple financial help.
- Employees do what’s best for our members. Every day.
- We believe in being a great corporate citizen so we invest in our local communities by donating our time, money and expertise.
- Our employees take advantage of the many opportunities to grow their careers.
- Employees love having a cool place to work with modern LEED certified offices and being recognized with a virtual (and, at times, an actual) high-five.
- Our inspiring leaders help our employees develop their talents and encourage them to be their fabulous selves.
- We have a unique culture where we take our business seriously, but ourselves, not so much.
- We are a Certified B Corp®. Our certification reflects our strong commitment to social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
- In 2019, we earned double kudos by being named one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies – two of the nation’s most coveted business awards, may we add.
Does this position inspire you? If so, apply today at Coast Capital Savings.
- Image Gallery