Requisition ID: 216519
Work Area: Solution and Product Management
Expected Travel: 0 – 30%
Career Status: Executive
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
As a VP Product Management – SAP Analytics, you will:
- Define long-term strategy in the SAP Analytics area, focused on Analytics Cloud with an overall augmented BI responsibility
- Team up with multiple SAP LoB teams to define integration scenario with SAP Analytics, derive use-cases, create joined roadmaps and go-to-market plans
- Prioritize required functionality in SAP Analytics product roadmaps in tandem with peers on the Analytics Product Management Leadership team
- Deep Collaboration with Development, Product Experts, Customer Experience, Field (Presales/Sales/COE)
- Define and optimize current SAC Product Management processes (Tenants, Reporting, Jira, etc.)
- Build, inspire and lead a team of Product Management experts, setting high performance standards and a high employee engagement environment
- Support with the Team external events like: TechEd, Sapphire, ASUG, BI Insider, etc. with PM-Sessions.
- Lead and work independently with developers to implement new and improved functions, understanding the big picture while still being hands-on yourself
- Work collaboratively with the engineers, architects and Dev-manager in driving the adoption, execution and implementation of a technology strategy.
- Support Product Strategy Team with Input about Current Development, Pricing, Solution Extension, OEM Concepts and Outlook about the technical details of SAC.
- Support Field enablement (Especially Presales)
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields
- Excellent proven software analysis, design, and development skills
- Proven ability to quickly acquire proficient skills in new areas and technologies
- Strong drive to get things done
- Constructive and open style of communication and collaborative mindset.
- Profound Experience managing a high performance team
- Proven track record in a Senior Product Management role, with strategy definition responsibilities and direct interaction with engineering, customers, partners, analysts, sales, pre-sales, etc.
- Understanding of analytics market trends and competitive landscape
- Proven track record in managing complex cross functional projects and teams across SAP
- 10+ years experience
- 5+ experience with Analytics technologies, ideally in different roles
- 2+ years experience collaborating with C-level executives and L1 leaders
- Work experience across cultures and locations is a plus
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
- Address 910 Mainland St, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery