A new role has arisen within the organization requiring a combination of streaming operations support and development skills. This position is a perfect opportunity to gain experience in the exciting, fast-paced world of multi-media distribution. Character traits that have high value to us: entrepreneurial, quick learner, flexible, positive, self-starter, dedicated. Daily shifts are typically 8 hours.
Webcast Operations Job Requirements / Responsibilities
- Participate in the production of live webcasts, following established processes and checklists.
- Tasks include but are not limited to: confirming video signal acquisition, assessing video quality, ensuring live and archive events are displayed on websites, setting up equipment (encoders and production software).
- Troubleshoot technical issues, document solutions, and improve procedures.
- Liaise with on-site video production teams.
- Provide guidance and documentation for technical support: which includes diagnosing and troubleshooting web browsers, bandwidth issues, video player and other internet-related issues for end consumers. Familiarity with ticket systems is a plus.
- Familiarity with industry standard encoders. Stay current with webcasting technologies. Test regular improvements in the digital media production environment.
- Manage AWS (EC2, CloudFront, S3, Route 53), Wowza, and JW Player accounts.
- Reviewing weekly event schedules and scheduling part-time support staff shifts.
Web Development Job Requirements / Responsibilities
- Assist in development and maintenance of responsive sites for web, mobile, and tablet devices.
- Assist in development of applications to automate daily operations.
- Identify and fix different technical/coding issues in a production environment.
- Ability to work with PHP MVC framework (Laravel preferred) and MYSQ (LAMP stack); GitHub
The primary requirement of this position is to ensure the successful execution and operation of live streaming events. Note that due to the fact that many sporting events occur on weekends, shift days and times will vary during the season. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the rapidly evolving world of digital media.
Approximately 60-70% of your time will be spent on operations, the remaining time will be spent learning and assisting with product development.
The location for this position is not near to public transit lines. The preferred candidate will have a drivers license.
Minimum two years experience in video streaming, video operations, customer support, or LAMP stack environment.
- Compensation $36,000 to $45,000 commensurate with experience CAD $36,000 to $45,000 commensurate with experience Month
- Address South Surrey, British Columbia, Canada