Are you a highly motivated individual with a passion for meaningful work? Do you love spending time with your grandparents? Does the idea of helping seniors live well, happily and confidently at home interest you? We are on the lookout for well-rounded individuals located on the North Shore interested in working with Call The Grandkids on a casual, part-time, or full-time basis. Our standards and expectations are nothing but the best, and our compensation is competitive.
Mom and Dad can, and should, stay home. Call The Grandkids was founded after realizing the needs of our own grandparents, and not finding the perfect, high-quality service that we were looking for. While providing care and attention to seniors is our top priority, our “grandkids” are not caregivers in the traditional sense. Our focus is Activity Based Companionship, which includes Housework, Shopping, Appointments, and Tech Assistance. We aren’t Personal Care providers, and our services are designed to support the home environment and supplement the work of licensed caregivers and healthcare providers, when they are necessary. We believe it’s the smallest things that make the biggest difference.
Is This You?
- You are truly passionate about making seniors smile, this isn’t just your job
- You are well-rounded and prepared to step outside of your comfort zone
- You are a people person and aren’t shy about getting to know someone new
- You are patient, compassionate, positive, and good at identifying the needs and feelings of the people you interact with
- You can cook, clean moderately, organize household items, garden lightly, shop efficiently, and take thorough notes in appointments
- You are comfortable with everyday technology such as smartphones and tablets, and have the patience and compassion to teach seniors
- You are proficient in verbal and written communications skills in English and are capable of documenting detailed notes about the help you provide
- You are always on time, and ideally live on the North Shore or close by
- You are bondable and have never been convicted of a criminal offence (a criminal background check is mandatory)
- You have current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certification (may be completed during the interview process)
- You have current FoodSafe Level 1 certification (may be completed during the interview process)
- You speak a second language fluently
- You are a confident driver with a valid British Columbia driver’s license and a clean driving record (a driving record check is mandatory)
- You own a vehicle that you are comfortable using for work
- You have completed a formal education program in caregiving or a related field
- You have at least 1 year of experience working in a professional role with seniors
- You are a student currently studying in a healthcare, policing, teaching or related field
- You are retired from your career in healthcare, policing, teaching or a related field
What To Expect
- A friendly work environment and team that cares about you just as much as clients
- Training and support to grow within Call The Grandkids in the future
- Competitive hourly compensation
How To Apply
If this rewarding opportunity excites you, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also view this job posting on our website at https://www.callthegrandkids.ca/careers
We look forward to meeting you!