Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work – it’s not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we’ve been named one of BC’s Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it’s great to be part of the team:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with subsidized onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
Why our Vancouver office is so awesome
Vancouver has been regularly voted one of the top cities to live in the world with one of the mildest climates of any city in Canada. It is home to our Marketing and Sales Office and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Easy access to transit, including the Sky Train
- Secure bike facilities and easy access off the Central Valley Greenway
The Financial Analyst, Business Planning, assists in the development of and coordinates the annual and quarterly planning, forecasting and budget process, timelines and process, and helps support the execution of Business Planning deliverables.
• Coordinates and helps develop BCLC’s budgeting & forecasting, management reporting, analysis and metrics, including process, procedures, including timelines and deliverables.
• Supports the Business Planning team in providing value added analysis, templates and management reporting for key components of BCLC’s operating and capital budgets and forecasts, ensuring consistency, accuracy and relevancy as inputs into the BCLC Service Plan, Treasury Board forecasts and other government plans and forecasts.
• Provides input on and subject matter expertise for business planning and forecasting, and makes recommendations BCLC on development of BCLC policy and process as it relates to business planning and performance reporting.
• Ensures business unit leaders and other stakeholders have reporting and analysis to make effective, informed decisions.
• Leverages technology and people to employ best practices, maximize process efficiencies and reporting effectiveness.
• Collaborates within Finance and across organizational boundaries at all levels of the organization.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
• University degree in a related discipline; plus an accredited professional accounting designation;
• 3 to 5 years related progressively responsible financial analysis and accounting experience;
• Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience required; SAP and Cognos experience desirable;
• An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
• Excellent analytical ability, a strong understanding of analytical concepts and well developed creative problem solving skills;
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of quantitative and qualitative analytical skills;
• Demonstrated ability to present moderately complex information orally and written in an easily understood manner;
• Ability to work within established deadlines and time constraints;
• Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
• Excellent knowledge of corporate financial systems;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Extensive knowledge of accounting principles with the ability to apply them in a practical way;
• Exceptional professional judgment with experience in exercising it effectively in the decision making process;
• Ability to act on own initiative, to exercise sound judgment and to prioritize tasks;
• Proven leadership skills with the ability to be self-motivated, work independently, as well as being part of a team;
• Excellent interpersonal, time management and multi-tasking skills;
• Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
• Strong MS Office skills, including advanced Excel skills.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
- CAD Month
- Address 74 Seymour St W, Kamloops, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery