Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work – it’s not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we’ve been named one of BC’s Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it’s great to be part of the team:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with subsidized onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
Why our Vancouver office is so awesome
Vancouver has been regularly voted one of the top cities to live in the world with one of the mildest climates of any city in Canada. It is home to our Marketing and Sales Office and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Easy access to transit, including the Sky Train
- Secure bike facilities and easy access off the Central Valley Greenway
The Manager, Sustainability Innovation leads all enterprise-wide sustainability practices, including environmental, social and governance (ESG) integration and innovation. This role encompasses scenario planning, goal-setting and performance monitoring, ESG integration and capacity building, risk management and innovation and industry engagement, and disclosures and information management.
The Manager, Sustainability Innovation stewards a portfolio of initiatives that creates and protects long-term value for BCLC and its stakeholders, establishing the company as a sustainability leader in its industry and beyond.
• Leads the development and coordinates the implementation of enterprise-wide long and short-term goals, targets and metrics that position BCLC as a sustainability and ESG leader. Leads internal performance monitoring, progress reporting and continuous improvement. Develops the infrastructure that will improve and enhance BCLC’s sustainable business practices.
• Influences leadership across business units to embed sustainability into BCLC’s business activities, ensuring clarity and awareness of sustainability initiatives, promoting a culture of sustainability and encouraging integration into business processes. Develops and implements behavior-changing initiatives to improve ESG performance.
• Monitor, consults, and advises on emerging ESG trends, risks and opportunities, best practices, and stakeholder expectations to inform corporate and departmental plans and decisions.
• Supports leaders, functions, and departments to integrate sustainability practices at the enterprise level and into functions, business plans and operations. Provides expertise, guidance and/or leadership to a wide range of projects. Leads and/or contributes to policy development.
• Leads and coordinates an internal cross-functional sustainability innovation portfolio that creates and protects long-term value for BCLC.
• Builds internal capacity for ESG decision-making and provides connections to resources and peer groups.
• Champions and contributes to industry standards and rating systems and initiates and participates in external collaborations to address shared challenges and opportunities in the value chain, industry and business ecosystem in BC and beyond.
• Leads and/or recommends the development of BCLC’s reporting and disclosures aligned to international standards and global best practices.
• Ensures robust information systems for tracking, performance management and reporting of results and impacts.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
• University degree related to the field of sustainability, CSR or Sustainable Business or equivalent experience. Designation and/or certificate/degree in ESG related studies or social science is preferred;
• A business degree is an asset;
• 5-7 years progressive experience in a related role, includes experience leading and developing organizational-wide or sector-wide ESG initiatives or best-practices;
• Experience in producing ESG and integrated corporate reports is an asset;
• An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
• Understanding of ESG management and integration;
• Knowledge of global sustainability risks, trends and best practices and skilled in risk and opportunity management and resiliency / scenario planning and adaptation;
• Influencing, capacity building and change management experience in ESG; knowledge of how to affect large scale change in organizations;
• Skilled in leading and coordinating multi-party, stakeholder and industry collaborations;
• Working knowledge of social innovation processes and business model development; understanding of sustainability innovation in an organization and industry
• Experience in ESG and integrated reporting;
• Prepare and execute business cases, including market/environment analyses, financial analysis, and stakeholder management;
• Ability to work in a fast paced multi-level project based environment with emphasis on timelines and delivery;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality;
• Excellent systems thinking and problem solving skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to handle situations with tact and diplomacy.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
- Address 74 Seymour St W, Kamloops, BC, Canada