Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work – it’s not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we’ve been named one of BC’s Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it’s great to be part of the team:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with subsidized onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
Why our Kamloops office rocks
The City of Kamloops offers a relaxed lifestyle with an abundance of recreational opportunities and a close-knit community of welcoming people. It has been home to the BCLC head office since 1985 and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Free gym
- Free parking and easy access to transit
- Close proximity to parks, trails and other recreation amenities
The Manager, Vendor Performance & Contract Management oversees contract management activities, contract negotiations, and regulatory compliance with vendor assessment and registration as defined in the Gaming Control Act. The role manages a corporate-wide framework to manage vendor performance against contract terms and identify opportunities to drive value through cost savings and efficiencies.
The Manager, Vendor Performance & Contract Management is responsible for providing effective contract management and procurement services through timely, accurate and effective development, negotiation and execution of highly complex legal contracts and developing and implementing performance evaluation metrics that support evaluation of contract terms. The role provides solutions oriented guidance and advice of the GPEB vendor and contractor registration assessment process to the business units as well as providing direction to staff to ensure accurate assessment of regulatory compliance.
• Provides oversight and direction to a corporate wide program that actively manages and reports on vendor performance against contract terms
• Accountable for and ensures the design and execution of the vendor performance management framework that is appropriate for top tier and bottom tier vendor segments. Oversees the change management program to train and support managers and directors to effectively deploy and maintain an enterprise-wide vendor performance management program
• Provides specialized advice and solutions through the contract, compliance, and vendor performance management process to achieve broad results. Conducts diverse and complex consultative work through the procurement contract and vendor performance management cycle.
• Uses advanced analytical techniques to evaluate contract performance and determine a course of action to proactively resolve complex technical issues.
• Makes regular recommendations to professional work and contributes to resolving any current or potential issues that may arise in the development and execution of a contract.
• Assesses, advises and reports to Director of Procurement and Director of Business Unit(s) on BCLC performance to contract accountabilities.
• Provides business advice and escalate issues to directors of business unit, and Director Corporate Procurement, and actively participates and leads issue resolution, contract addendums and re-negotiation between stakeholders (Business Unit, Procurement, Legal Services and Vendor) to ensure issues are finalized.
• Ensures timely, accurate and effective contract drafting and negotiations services are delivered to the organization. Ensures contract close-out procedures and documentation are complete.
• Ensures timely and accurate vendor assessment and registration processing is completed, in collaboration with Gaming Policy Enforcement Branch and BCLC stakeholders.
• Collaborates and fosters strong, productive and positive relationships with internal & external stakeholders to BCLC, including Service Providers, senior management, vendors, and regulatory bodies, to achieve business objectives.
• Manages and leads team. Provides strong people leadership and direction to the department by championing BCLC’s vision, mission and values. Ensures that staff has the skills required to meet corporate objectives and technical training and mentoring processes are in place.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
• Diploma or Degree in a business related discipline;
• Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation or Certified Professional Purchasing (CPP) certification;
• Para-legal to LLP designation would be an asset;
• 5-7 years recent progressive purchasing experience, including three years in a leadership role;
• An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
• Specialized training / education in contract law and public procurement practice.
• Solid/demonstrated knowledge of principles, concepts, practices, techniques and tools in the areas of vendor performance and contract management;
• Excellent organizational and planning skills with a strong attention to detail
• Project management skills and ability to meet tight timeframes and commitments and be accountable for results.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation.
• Strong computer skills – MS office suite.
• Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong business acumen with a results oriented focus.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Address 74 Seymour St W, Kamloops, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery