Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work – it’s not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we’ve been named one of BC’s Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it’s great to be part of the team:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with subsidized onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
Why our Kamloops office rocks
The City of Kamloops offers a relaxed lifestyle with an abundance of recreational opportunities and a close-knit community of welcoming people. It has been home to the BCLC head office since 1985 and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Free gym
- Free parking and easy access to transit
- Close proximity to parks, trails and other recreation amenities
The Senior Specialist, Community Relations and Sponsorship develops and implements plans to enhance BCLC’s brands and overall reputation. Through sponsorships and community programs this role identifies opportunities for BCLC to support business operations, stakeholders and communities in which we operate.
• Develops and implements integrated marketing and communications plans to build and enhance BCLC’s overall reputation, as well as enhance relationships with key communities, through strategic sponsorships, community events and programs.
• Develops and maintains BCLC’s sponsorship plans. Seeks out and identifies opportunities for sponsorships. Aligns sponsorship and event activities with BCLC’s Social Purpose strategy and corporate initiatives, and recommends opportunities to support business units to achieve objectives
• Reviews divisional business plans, and aligns marketing and communications sponsorship activities to support them. Identifies opportunities to engage community stakeholders through sponsorships that support reputation management and Social Purpose strategy.
• Manages sponsorship application process; developing guidelines, criteria and evaluations, and reviewing/revising as needed. Provides transparency to organizations seeking sponsorships.
• Negotiates sponsorship agreements to obtain fair value and appropriate recognition for BCLC. Maximizes sponsorship investments by leveraging employee communication and engagement opportunities, and opportunities for BCLC’s brands and products, retailer and gaming facility partners, where appropriate. Manages the sponsorship budget. Ensures fulfillment of all negotiated sponsorship assets.
• Develops and implements the activation plans for sponsorships and community relations and stakeholder events; development promotional/collateral materials, managing promotional teams at community events, negotiating media partnerships, oversight of contests, speaking notes and/or briefing materials, etc.
• Provides recommendations and advice on sponsorship agreements and activation to BCLC’s lines of business and supports implementation.
• Represents BCLC at sponsorship events, and liaises with external stakeholders on BCLC’s behalf.
• Coordinates the ‘community of practice’ for BCLC’s Social Purpose.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
• A degree or diploma in a communications, journalism or public relations.
• 4-6 years current, related experience in marketing and/or communications; additional experience in the field of Social Purpose or Corporate Social Responsibility would be an asset.
• Experience in event planning and collaboration with suppliers and/or vendors is required.
• Understanding of the BC Gaming industry and the unique sensitivities of a Crown corporation are key assets.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Knowledge of principles, concepts, practices and techniques in the areas of stakeholder engagement, social purpose, reputation management and community relations.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in all areas related to sponsorship, community relations, marketing communications and media advertising/media planning.
• Demonstrated experience in the strategic development and implementation of communication plans and materials.
• Proven track record of developing and managing large events.
• Ability to work independently, with tight deadlines and close attention to detail.
• Exceptional relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent project management, time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong computer skills – MS office Suite.
• Understanding of B.C. gaming industry and its regulatory requirements an asset.
• Must be available to travel across BC; a driver’s license would be an asset.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- CAD Month
- Address 74 Seymour St W, Kamloops, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery