Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work – it’s not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we’ve been named one of BC’s Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it’s great to be part of the team:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with subsidized onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
Why our Kamloops office rocks
The City of Kamloops offers a relaxed lifestyle with an abundance of recreational opportunities and a close-knit community of welcoming people. It has been home to the BCLC head office since 1985 and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Free gym
- Free parking and easy access to transit
- Close proximity to parks, trails and other recreation amenities
The Senior Specialist uses specialised technical expertise and leadership to ensure the strategic objectives of the Financial Reporting and Systems department are met in relation to the oversight of BCLC’s financial systems and accounting for BCLC’s fixed assets. This role is accountable for ensuring set service levels are maintained and initiatives are executed in accordance with organizational requirements.
• Lead for Finance with respect to the SAP financial systems release process. This includes liaising with all stakeholder groups, the BCLC BT SAP release lead, and the AMS vendor to ensure releases are executed according to the process map and prioritized accordingly.
• Leads the month end processes for fixed asset accounting, corporate allocations, and closing the fiscal period.
• Approves all financial system requests, including general ledger master data creation, cost center exception access, and reporting enhancements. Ensures that the integrity of the financial reporting framework is maintained. Elevates any issues or high impact requests to the manager with accompanying recommendations.
• Oversees systems testing performed in the department and signs off on the test scripts and results. Elevates any testing concerns to the manager.
• Coordinates and reviews the year end fixed asset requirements to support the financial statement audit.
• Ensures projects have Financial Reporting and Systems representation as required and resolves or escalates project issues with respect to the financial system.
• Manages and oversees all initiatives and the action plan for systems components of the Financial Reporting and Systems mandate. For example, the creation and implementation of training strategies, the improvement of fixed asset accounting processes and the streamlining of managing system requests on Service Now.
• Provides informal leadership through coaching and mentoring peers and other staff members and delegating workload.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
• Post-secondary degree in finance, accounting or a related discipline;
• Canadian CPA designation;
• 4 – 6 years’ related experience;
• An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of quantitative and qualitative analytical skills;
• Excellent analytical ability, a strong understanding of analytical concepts and well developed creative problem solving skills;
• Demonstrated ability to present moderately complex information orally and written in an easily understood manner;
• Ability to work within established deadlines and time constraints;
• Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
• Excellent knowledge of corporate financial systems;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Extensive knowledge of accounting principles with the ability to apply them in a practical way;
• Exceptional professional judgment with experience in exercising it effectively in the decision making process;
• Ability to act on own initiative, to exercise sound judgment and to prioritize tasks;
• Proven leadership skills with the ability to be self-motivated, work independently, as well as being part of a team;
• Excellent interpersonal, time management and multi-tasking skills;
• Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
• Strong MS Office skills, including advanced Excel skills.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Address 74 Seymour St W, Kamloops, BC, Canada