Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work – it’s not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we’ve been named one of BC’s Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it’s great to be part of the team:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with subsidized onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
Why our Kamloops office rocks
The City of Kamloops offers a relaxed lifestyle with an abundance of recreational opportunities and a close-knit community of welcoming people. It has been home to the BCLC head office since 1985 and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Free gym
- Free parking and easy access to transit
- Close proximity to parks, trails and other recreation amenities
The Technology Security Analyst role builds and supports programs, processes, and applications that secure and protect BCLC technology and information assets in accordance to Cyber Security Policies. This role is responsible for improving and sustaining BCLC’s technology and information security posture, supporting projects and business operations by identifying technology and information security risks and recommending appropriate security controls.
• Maintains security platforms including Identity and Access Management, End Point Protection, Systems Configuration Management, Deployment Management, and Vulnerability Management systems.
• Performs, documents, and automates processes related to Identity and Access Management, Patch Management, End Point Protection, and vulnerability management.
• Participates in projects as a technical security subject-matter expert, analyzing solutions, processes & infrastructure, and recommending appropriate technical security controls.
• Coordinates technical security activities with business stakeholders, providing information to security governance.
• Provides technical security expertise and support to BCLC’s Agile delivery teams.
• Supports the day-to-day security monitoring of the integrity of systems and infrastructure components.
• Conducts and supports vulnerability management activities.
• Analyzes and identifies information security trends.
• Contributes to the development and maintenance of information security policies, standards and procedures.
• Provides information on system configurations, accounts and information security practices to auditors and regulators.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
• A degree or diploma in computing or equivalent in a related discipline;
• CISSP or CISM certification preferred;
• 3-5 years progressive experience in technology and information security;
• Experience in managing and maintaining at least one of the following platforms: Microsoft Azure Active Directory, OneIdentity Active Roles Server, PingIdentity MFA and SSO products, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft SCCM, Palo Alto Traps, Entrust mPKI;
• Experience with Security Incident Response considered an asset;
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Technical security skills (Application and OS hardening, vulnerability assessments, security audits, networking, IDS, firewalls, privileged identity management, etc.);
• Excellent ability to collaborate and manage relationships at all levels with customers, leaders, contractors and team members to effect change;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write reports and document procedures;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Deep understanding of information security risk management, controls and compliance;
• Experience with security tools, such as SIEM, file integrity monitoring and database monitoring;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
• General business acumen;
• Ability to deal with sensitive matters with a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- CAD Month
- Address 74 Seymour St W, Kamloops, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery