Position: Rent Bank Case Worker (1.0 FTE)
Wage: Based on Experience
Administrative Offices Location: 40 Begbie Street, New Westminster.
Work Location: Maple Ridge
Hours: Business Hours on Monday to Friday
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Ridge Meadows Rent Bank (RMRB) is a housing stabilization program. The RMRB offers low-fee short term loans to low income residents of Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows who are experiencing a temporary financial crisis and are at risk of eviction or essential utility disconnection. The Rent Bank Case Worker is in charge of managing all aspects of the application process and maintaining program-related statistics, and other initiatives.
Note that this is a full-time position. The RMRB operates on Monday to Friday.
- Addresses all inquiries related to the RMRB.
- Assesses whether people making inquiries meet the qualifications for a loan.
- Reviewing Pre-Assessment Forms and contacting all applicants for follow up.
- Providing appropriate referrals to other services in the community – financial, legal, housing, and health/nutritional supports.
- Providing an explanation of the Loan Application process
- Processing payment deferments and following up with successful applicants, as needed.
- Maintaining program statistics and working collaboratively with the Purpose Rent Bank team.
- Maintaining program forms and marketing materials, as needed.
- Attending Provincial Rent Bank Forums and training.
- A two year diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in Social Work, Human Services, Health Sciences, or other related programs. Experience working in a related field may also be considered in lieu of a two year diploma.
- Experience providing services for at-risk and/or marginalized populations.
- Experience in a non-profit organization is an asset.
- Ability to function effectively in difficult and/or crisis situations is required.
- Knowledge of local resources is an asset.
- Clear criminal records check.
Please send resume and cover letter to: Lynda Fletcher-Gordon, Assistant Executive Director at email@example.com
- Compensation Based on Experience CAD Based on Experience Month
- Address 22420 Dewdney Trunk Rd, Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada