Position: Administration Clerk
14-17.5 hours per week to start (Part-time) but may increase up to 20 hours per week during busy times or if needed
This position of Administration Clerk is an entry level position that supports the Administration team. You have strong communication, teamwork, and organizational skills. Your main focus is to help increase the efficiency in the Society’s accounting but will assist others in administration team as required.
- Review, match, code, and record invoices for all payable accounts. Ensure assets and expenses are recorded to proper program and accounts.
- Prepare and issue payments to employees, vendors, and clients.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Review, match, code, and record invoices and other funds received. Ensure receivables and revenue are recorded to the proper program and accounts.
- Properly file, scan, and maintain all accounting documents including contracts, invoices, and claims.
- Assist with payroll and donation administration.
- Track and prepare Petty Cash Reports
- Provide administration support for programs.
- Assist with intercompany reconciliations.
- Assist with filing and storage.
- Backup reception and other administration staff when required.
- General office administration
- Adhoc projects
- 3 years experience in an office administration or finance role preferred
- Experience working in a charity or not for profit environment is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Sage 300 (Payables, Receivables, Bank, and General Ledger modules)
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Good organizational and time management skills.
OTHER: (required for ongoing employment)
- Certification in First-aid
- Certification in Non-violent Crisis Intervention required as a condition of employment.
The Society will schedule training if required. The candidate will pay for the initial certifications if not currently certified.
Apply in confidence to:
Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Compensation TBA CAD TBA Month
- Address 40 Begbie St, New Westminster, British Columbia V3M 3L9, Canada