Lower Mainland Purpose Society for Youth and Families has the following position available:
Position: Housing Support Worker
Wage: $23.00 per hour
Location: 40 Begbie Street, New Westminster, B.C.
Hours: 35 hours per week, flexible hours on occasion
Start Date: Immediately
Note: This position is for 6 months but may continue after that.
This is a new program to support people without housing to successfully obtain and maintain housing. The Housing Support Worker will develop community connections to build supports around the clients to enhance their ability to be housed and stay housed. This will include developing relationships with: the local office of the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction, agencies that provide basic household items, community food support programs, employment programs, legal advocacy and other community supports to connect clients to appropriate services to enhance their success to transition to being housed.
The primary duty of the Housing Support Worker is to assist clients to transition into housing:
- Work with clients to develop a housing transition plan
- Support clients in locating housing
- Assist clients to apply for housing supports from Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction
- Educate clients on how to present themselves when viewing a property
- Source household items and other basic need, arrange delivery and placement
- Link clients to appropriate community services and resources
- Help clients to identify their needs to successfully remain housed
- Provide ongoing support to clients so that they maintain their residency
- Provide advocacy and support regarding tenancy issues on behalf of clients
- Collect program data to evaluate client outcomes and inform future program planning
2 year diploma in a relevant field, such as social work, community health, mental health and addictions studies or equivalent
Ability to maintain a positive attitude
Experience working with a variety of people who may be under stress
Ability to maintain a non-judgmental and non-stigmatizing approach is required
Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
Valid BC 5 driver’s license
A car is required
Clean driver’s abstract and clear criminal records check
Criminal Record Check is required.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Attention: Lynda Fletcher-Gordon. Job will be posted until it is filled.
- Compensation $23.00/hour CAD $23.00/hour Month
- Address New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada