Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is seeking a responsible and patient-oriented individual to join our team in North Vancouver and the North Shore, British Columbia as a Laboratory Assistant for our Mobile Lab Services.
Our Laboratory Assistants play an important part in on-site patient care in locations including private homes, commercial facilities, and long-term care facilities. This is an active and rewarding role that will let you build relationships with patients and see the difference that you make in their lives and healthcare outcomes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Organizing a daily schedule of visits to facilities and private residences in order to collect specimens as per physicians’ requests, and planning your route according to courier times, specimen integrity and required travel time.
- Performing phlebotomies, connecting/disconnecting holter monitors, and performing ECG tracings.
- Collecting and delivering specimens to designated labs for testing. Accession, spin, separate and prepare for transport to reference lab as required.
- Booking patient appointments, requesting required information from patients, explaining the specimen collection process and ensuring patients have followed necessary test protocol prior to specimen collection.
- Liaising with doctors and facility staff regarding patient problems, changes in scheduling, specimen collection procedures, and other matters.
This is a Temporary Full Time role suitable for an individual seeking early shifts and the ability to maintain a good work/life balance. The shifts will vary in the week between the hours of 0500 – 1500 and this temporary role is set to end October 31, 2020 or upon return of the incumbent thereafter.
Are You a Good Fit?
LifeLabs is seeking an emphatic and adaptable person who can deliver exceptional customer service and relate to patients even in stressful situations. Requirements include:
- Graduate of an approved Laboratory Assistant program or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and access to a vehicle.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check.
- Phlebotomy experience.
- Excellent communication skills to enable you to relate with a wide variety of people.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to think quickly on your feet.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of patient privacy and confidentiality.
At LifeLabs, great employees are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why LifeLabs provides more than just competitive compensation and benefits – our employees receive coaching and training in an environment that fosters open communication, a uniform and shoe allowance, and opportunities for advancement and changes in career direction.
Does this sound like the job for you? We’d love to discuss your qualifications. Apply online today!
As a caring and customer driven organization, LifeLabs is committed to providing inclusive, barrier free services and workplaces. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities during the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please advise the Recruiter who contacts you and we will work with you to meet your needs.
LifeLabs has operated in Canada for more than 50 years. It is a leading provider of laboratory testing and management services, contributing to the treatment and prevention of disease by enabling healthcare providers to operate more efficiently and effectively. LifeLabs provides more than 100 million diagnostic tests for approximately 19 million patients visits annually. Information from these tests plays a vital role in predicting, diagnosing, treating and monitoring disease. LifeLabs operates the largest community medical laboratory network in Canada, together with our hospital and healthcare partners. LifeLabs also partners with healthcare providers to build a healthier Canada by transforming and managing laboratory organizations to better meet the complex healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery