Open up to the Possibilities!
At Purolator, you’ll be proud knowing you’re working for a Canadian company that truly values its employees. And it’s community. This is an exciting and evolving industry and we’re leading the change as we strive to deliver the future. Here you will be empowered to help move the business forward. Each and every day. Are you open to the possibilities?
This role is a key part of our team, providing tactical direction and hands-on support with the ability to engage and collaborate with managers, employees and customers across business functions. Joining a team of highly experienced dangerous goods professionals, this role will provide dangerous goods business, technical and customer support to the Pacific and Prairie regions. This role will also work with Sales to support current and new business while ensuring regulatory compliance.
Major responsibilities include training and certification of hourly employees, responding to information requests from internal and external customers, verification of regulatory compliance and preparation of reports.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Engage and collaborate across all business functions
- Provide timely information to customer enquiries such as compliance requirements and shipping options.
- Provide support to queries from DG Specialists regarding compliance issues and regulatory interpretations.
- Follow-up with customers on non-compliance issues or incidents to prevent recurrence.
- Provide dangerous goods business, technical and customer support to the Western Region
- Work with sales to support current and new business while ensuring regulatory compliance
- Ensure training and certification of employees
- Responding to information requests from internal and external customers
- Verification of regulatory compliance through dg assessments and/or audits
- Work with local teams (operations, health and safety) to address any procedural or regulatory issues
- Work with regulators to support inspections and to resolve any findings
- Support business initiatives by participating and contributing to cross-functional projects
- Support and/or lead initiatives to improve compliance and increase effectiveness of dangerous goods processes and procedures
- Support National Manager, Environmental Affairs in other projects / initiatives as required
- 5+ years direct experience in dangerous goods at an operations or supervisory level.
- Post-secondary education / knowledge in TDG and ICAO regulations,
- Expert knowledge of applicable legislation / regulations
- Proven ability to train others in regulatory / technical content in an adult-learning environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to create and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- Proven ability to influence and present at all levels of Management (eg. Unit Manager, District Manager, etc.)
- Proven ability to successfully interact with external customers
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Very proficient with technology and software/systems (e.g. Office365, Outlook, Teams etc.) – experience with SAP, SuccessFactors (or other Learning Management Systems) is an asset.
- Self-starter who is also a very strong team player
- Willingness to travel as required- primarily within Western Canada (approx. up to 50%)
- Success working with DG regulators and/or inspectors (preferred)
- Bilingualism is an asset but not mandatory
Location: 541 – Richmond
Working Conditions: Office Environment; Warehouse Environment
Reports to: National Manager, Dangerous Goods
Purolator is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We recognize that our employees and their families are key stakeholders. We will only be successful as a business if we provide our employees with a safe and healthy workplace and we have the right people in the right roles with the support they need to succeed. We hire for attitude and train for skills. To learn more about us and our values, go to www.purolator.com.
At Purolator, every day is an opportunity for our employees to connect with one another and with our customers to help make a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play.