YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal to Connect BC Proudly to the World. We’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 14 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
As one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Vancouver Airport Authority strives for a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We support the Employment Equity Act and take measures to ensure fair employment practices and treatment of employees across our organization. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We encourage applicants to self-identify with a designated group(s) to support our team in filling gaps in areas where we can be more diverse. We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out the reasons that make us a Top Employer at: https://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-vancouver-airport.
We have a full-time, term opportunity (maternity leave to August 2021) for an Employment Advisor – Diversity and Inclusion. Reporting to the Manager, Organizational Change, the successful candidate is a forward thinking, innovative human resources professional who will be accountable for overseeing and championing organization-wide diversity and inclusion initiatives to support the objectives in our Employment Equity Plan while fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. In addition, they will support the attraction, selection and retention of outstanding diverse employees.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Authority in fostering a diverse and inclusive culture for all employees and job seekers while ensuring compliance with employment equity and human rights legislation
- Championing and guiding company practices and philosophies related to diversity, respect, inclusion and employment equity – engaging with employees to build a welcoming and inclusive culture at YVR
- Overseeing the Diversity and Employment Equity Program including: preparing the annual report for ESDC; creating an Employment Equity Plan, executing on those identified initiatives, and leading the Employment Equity & Diversity Team
- Participating in and advising on the recruitment and retention of underrepresented groups; this includes monitoring, evaluating and assessing diversity of candidates in the hiring and screening process and working collaboratively within HR to develop recruitment strategies that attract underrepresented candidates and to improve existing employee programs to support the engagement of diverse employees
- Building strong relationships with outreach groups and government organizations supporting diverse candidates
- Writing internal reports and presenting findings to senior management, the Board of Directors and Board Committees
- Representing the Authority at government and community sponsored initiatives supporting diversity and inclusion
- Identifying, supporting delivery, and continuously evaluating diversity related training initiatives
- Leading other projects, within HR and corporate-wide, as required
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (specialization in Human Resources is preferred), supplemented by a minimum of five years’ related experience in human resources, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- At least two years’ experience overseeing and executing a Diversity & Employment Equity Program
- Clear understanding of today’s labour market and demonstrated skills at developing recruitment strategies that support business requirements
- Working knowledge of employment standards, human rights/duty to accommodate and Employment Equity legislation with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation, facilitation and public speaking skills
- Proven ability to build solid relationships and work collaboratively with subject matter experts in various fields and at all levels within the organization up to and including senior management
- Ability to conduct research and effectively write reports
- Proficient with MS Office and comfortable with spreadsheets/data analysis, ATS (experience with Taleo TBE preferred) and HRIS
- Demonstrated project management skills with proven experience leading projects
- Proven experience managing multiple tasks and competing demands in a high-volume environment within tight timelines
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and credibility with external partners; including having knowledge of outreach organizations and government programs supporting members of equity groups at a local, provincial and national level
- CPHR designation is an asset
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all candidates that apply for this position.
As part of our recruitment process, short-listed candidates will be required to take part in a management assessment process.
- CAD Month
- Address 13211 Grant McConachie Way, Richmond, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery