Looking for an opportunity to learn and grow within Purolator? Here is another exciting opportunity for you to help us deliver on our customers’ promises.
Purolator is seeking an experienced Shop Manager/Foreman to oversee our fleet maintenance in British Columbia.
- Reporting to the Assistant Fleet Manager, Western Canada, the Garage Foreman leads a team of licensed Heavy Duty and Light Duty technicians in Richmond, and Port Moody; manages repair of equipment in Port Kells
- Maintaining a safe & healthy workplace following all Purolator processes & procedures
- Supporting Operations by providing safe & reliable vehicles
- Controlling quality, cost, and performance
- Maintaining accurate inventory on all vehicles assigned to this location
- Promoting employee communication, involvement, and development
- Schedule repairs in garage and at vendors when required
- Review Preventive Maintenance lists and assure on time servicing
- Manage on-site parts inventory, replenishments, & special order parts
- Maintain high productivity of mechanics
- Supervise repair process and consult with mechanics on best practices
- Maintain low level of vehicles out of service
- Local administrative duties
- Other duties as assigned/needed
- Exemplifies and consistently demonstrates our core competencies of communication, innovation, change management, relationship building, and leadership
- A hands on leader who enjoys spending time on the shop floor training and mentoring mechanics
- Previous experience running a repair facility: work flow, available hours, parts, etc.
- Previous supervisory experience is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in creating a positive work environment to build employee loyalty and a team atmosphere
- Champion of employee involvement in the workplace
- Licensed trade certificate(s) are a definite asset
- Parts inventory experience is a definite asset
- High computer technology skills: Office 365, Word, Excel, Outlook, Electronic WO system
- Diagnostic skills a definite asset
- Highly process driven & organized
- Competitive compensation
- Development opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits including extended health and dental, employer pension contributions, group RRSP, and employee shares
Location: 541 – Richmond
Working Conditions: Office Environment; Warehouse Environment
Reports to: Regional Fleet Manager
Purolator is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We recognize that our employees and their families are key stakeholders. We will only be successful as a business if we provide our employees with a safe and healthy workplace and we have the right people in the right roles with the support they need to succeed. We hire for attitude and train for skills. To learn more about us and our values, go to www.purolator.com.
At Purolator, every day is an opportunity for our employees to connect with one another and with our customers to help make a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play.
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery