Opportunities delivered. Purolator is growing and we are looking for Light Duty Mechanic to join our team! Top rate pay: $41.77 after 3 months of employment and a full comprehensive benefits package after 6 months!
Purolator is Canada’s leading integrated freight, parcel and logistics solutions provider. We make Canada stronger by delivering our customers’ promises. This is an opportunity to join a large, unionized Canadian organization with a supportive working environment, competitive compensation, excellent benefits and career opportunities.
We believe that developing a winning team of employees is critical to achieving our vision of making Canada stronger by delivering our customers’ promises.
Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of a national organization that plays a meaningful role in the lives of all Canadians! APPLY TODAY!
What we can offer you:
- A total compensation package. This includes a full benefit package, MSP, Pension Plan, Employee Assistant Program, Employee Share Ownership Program and Employee discounts.
- A safe, health, and fun work environment. Safety of our teammates is our top priority. We will only be successful as a business and as a service provider to our customers if we provide our teammates with a safe and healthy workplace. We also participate in fun and charitable events such as Jean Days, BBQ and Purolator tackles hunger.
- The job security you want. At Purolator we are proud to be able to offer our team a high level of job security.
- Opportunities to grow in the company. We are committed to offering our employees rewarding work with opportunities for collaboration and career development.
- Putting Our People First. We recognize that our teammates and their families are key stakeholders. We ensure that we have the right people, in the right roles, with the support they need to succeed. We hire for attitude and train for skills.
Location: Based in Richmond, BC
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 2:00pm to 10:30pm, (1/2 hour unpaid lunch break)
Wage: $41.77/hr after 3 months
- Maintain a clean/safe work environment
- Responsible for heavy duty and light duty repairs and preventative maintenances
- Service equipment as per Purolator preventative maintenance program
- Inspect and repair straight trucks, tractors, and trailers
- Perform equipment service call as required
- Perform approved repairs as identified by drivers or our inspections
- Maintain Quality Program
- All other duties as assigned
- Certified on-road heavy duty mechanics license required
- Prior experience with computerized maintenance systems & procedures
- The ability to diagnose and repair mechanical/electrical problems with minimum vehicle downtime.
- Demonstrated ability to work alone in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Must have good automotive diagnostic skills
- Must have less than 4 demerit points on current driver’s abstract.
- Must be a team worker and have good communication skills