Hours of Work: Monday – Friday (37.5 hours weekly)
Job Code: Maintenance Manager
Location: Richmond Hub, 3700 Jericho Road
Bargaining Unit: No
Reports to: National Maintenance Manager
Under the direction of National Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Manager will manage all daily activities of employees and contractors by ensuring reliable and safe material handling equipment in a cost effective manner. Ensure all Preventative Maintenance work and repairs is completed safely, timely and cost effectively to the Purolator MHE equipment.
The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for leading our maintenance systems, overseeing the continuous improvement of our equipment, as well as all operations of the maintenance department. You will be the one to ensure that your team has the best physical resources available to complete their duties according to budget. You will need to be well-versed in all maintenance process and health and safety regulations. The ideal candidate will also have aptitude in undertaking administrative tasks such as reporting, budgeting etc.
- Responsible for the development and supervision of a team of employees within the maintenance department (skilled tradespersons);
- Develop and implement maintenance standards and procedures;
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues;
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance;
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers;
- Maintain required maintenance logs and reporting on daily activities;
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety policies and regulations.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated leadership, credibility and the ability to motivate employees in both union and non-union environments;
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills;
- Analytical mind, ability to make decisions and solve problems in a time sensitive environment;
- Solid financial acumen;
- Demonstrated ability to champion and drive change;
- Licensed trade certificate or equivalent (or college equivalent diploma);
- Five plus years progressive experience in a maintenance environment with a solid grasp of operating procedures within MHE maintenance environments;
- Prior experience leading projects (Project Management);Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and knowledge of job-related computer applications.
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery