Purolator is Canada’s leading integrated freight, parcel and logistics solutions provider. We make Canada stronger by delivering our customers’ promises. This is an opportunity to join a large, unionized Canadian organization with a supportive working environment, competitive compensation, excellent benefits and career opportunities.
What we can offer you:
- A total compensation package. This includes a full benefit package, MSP, Pension Plan, Employee Assistant Program, Employee Share Ownership Program and Employee discounts.
- A safe, health, and fun work environment. Safety of our teammates is our top priority. We will only be successful as a business and as a service provider to our customers if we provide our teammates with a safe and healthy workplace. We also participate in fun and charitable events such as Jean Days, BBQ and Purolator tackles hunger.
- The job security you want. At Purolator we are proud to be able to offer our team a high level of job security.
- Opportunities to grow in the company. We are committed to offering our employees rewarding work with opportunities for collaboration and career development.
- Putting Our People First. We recognize that our teammates and their families are key stakeholders. We ensure that we have the right people, in the right roles, with the support they need to succeed. We hire for attitude and train for skills.
Location: Based in Richmond Depot
Hours of Work:
Tuesday to Saturday, 40hrs/week
Tuesday to Friday 7:30am to 4:00pm (30min unpaid break)
Saturday 3:30am to 12:00pm (30min unpaid break)
- Shift coverage of automated sorter system, timely response to system issues.
- Performing planned / unplanned maintenance duties on automate conveyor system, like Shoe Sorter.
- Familiar with RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance), develop and conduct predictive maintenance program of electrical system/equipment
- Following blueprints/schematics or engineering specifications for installation and trouble shooting
- Proficient with PLC programming and modifications using Rockwell platform.
- Performing diagnostic tasks on automation PC’s, control wiring, variable frequency drives (VFD’s), instrumental devices, etc.
- Great understanding of Information Technology, be able to trouble shooting basic computer and server issues.
- Experienced with C, C++ language, be able to read and re-program VLC code in PC environment.
- Carry out continuous improvement projects related to system efficiency and reliability.
- Supporting other mechanical and electrical trades people.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by management, as required
- Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of college’s education and minimum 3 year’s practical experience.
- Must hold valid Industrial Electrician Certificate
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ control experience in an automated environment.
- Rockwell programming certificate is an asset, excellent knowledge of VFD controls
- C, C++ certificate is an asset
- Infrared Thermography certificate is an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Manual dexterity and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Self-motivated, calm under pressure and great sense of urgency
- Must possess personal tools as identified by company.
Location: 541 – Richmond
Working Conditions: Warehouse Environment
Purolator is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We recognize that our employees and their families are key stakeholders. We will only be successful as a business if we provide our employees with a safe and healthy workplace and if we have the right people in the right roles with the support they need to succeed. We hire for attitude and train for skills. To learn more about us and our values, go to www.purolator.com.
At Purolator, every day is an opportunity for our employees to connect with one another and with our customers to help make a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play.
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery