Aurora Scientific Corp. is a business provider of PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) vacuum coating service and equipment. We are looking for candidates to fill a full-time permanent Office Administrator.
Position: Office Administrator
Term/Status: Permanent/Full time
Salary: Depends on education and experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
The energetic, well-organized, and responsible candidate will be responsible for a variety of duties but is not limited to the following:
- Welcome visitors and direct them to the relevant office/personnel
- Carry out clerical duties such as answering and directing phone calls, responding emails and preparing documents, including office correspondence, memos, resumes etc.
- Purchase office supplies, shop supplies and track delivery time
- Coordinate activities throughout the company to ensure efficiency and maintain compliance with company policy
- Assist General Manager regarding recruitment and all staff administration etc
- Maintain general office files, including job files, vendor files, and other files related to the company’s operation
- Perform filing, scanning, meeting arrangement and minutes taking Handle mail, couriers and shipping etc.
- Help book air tickets and hotel, event registration, travel itinerary, scheduling for employees’ business traveling when needed
- Design and implement office policies by establishing standards and procedures, measuring results against standards, and making necessary adjustments
- Oversees the maintenance of office facilities and equipment
- Assist shipment and receiving of all products, material and supplies
- Be able to collaborate and communicate with technicians, engineers, customer service representatives, service providers and others involved in shipment and receiving of products
- Perform bookkeeping and accounting tasks such as invoicing, monitoring accounts receivable, accounts payables and budget tracking etc
- Perform data entry of company transactions for preparing closing and financial statements, make journal entries, work with external accountants for annual company reports and audit, prepare work paper for tax returns
- Perform bank deposit and bill payments, monthly bank reconciliation and credit card statement reconciliation etc.
- Handle multi-currencies, review financial results and prepare variance analysis, track project activities and prepare analysis of profit margin and costing information
- Payroll including salary calculation, CRA remittance, time sheets and T4s
- A Diploma in Accounting/Business Administration and be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- At least 2-year strong and relevant work experience
- Proficiency with computer operation, advanced level of Quickbooks Desktop and MS Office applications
- Comfortable handling confidential information and attention to detail
- Responsible, self-motivated, well-organized, multi-tasking, prioritize duties, can meet deadline, problem solving, punctual, reliable, able to work independently, as well as in a team
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Mandarin speaking an asset
We appreciate all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compensation $18 per hour or depends on experience CAD $18 per hour or depends on experience Month
- Address Richmond, British Columbia V6V 1Z9, Canada