Open up to the Possibilities!
At Purolator, you’ll be proud knowing you’re working for a Canadian company that truly values its employees. And it’s community. This is an exciting and evolving industry and we’re leading the change as we strive to deliver the future. Here you will be empowered to help move the business forward. Each and every day. Are you open to the possibilities?
Purolator is seeking a Unit Manager for our Richmond depot. The successful candidate will work Tuesday to Saturday.
- Manage the bonded facility and ensuring the efficient workflow with respect to inbound/outbound freight
- Manage and lead a team of unionized and cross-functional support staff in achieving strategic objectives
- Continually assessing the external environment and provide recommendations to Senior Leaderships for new revenue streams
- Oversee the operations and ensure regulatory compliance with the Customs requirements and procedures for handling and administering bonded freight
- Achieving revenue targets associated with the Low Value Shipment (LVS) initiatives and identify alternative sources of generating additional revenue
- Source similar potential clients with needs for LVS service and extend the product suite offered by Logistics to a broader customer base.
- Explore cross-selling opportunities by providing supply chain solutions
- Manage RNS release system and documentation related to held freight and release process
- Exemplifies and consistently demonstrates our core competencies of communication, innovation, change management, relationship building and leadership
- Bachelors degree or equivalent of 5 years work experience, at a minimum, in a Logistics environment
- Cross border knowledge is an asset
- Prior experience managing a bonded warehouse is an asset
- Proficiency with MS office
- Knowledge of sales process
- Ability to influence others through the employment of sound judgment, able to build consensus and influence change and sustain accountability
- Strong team orientation, with proven record of building team relationships with staff, clients and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to adapt well to multi-location organization
- Excellent practical approach to problem solving and issue resolution with a focus on improving the business, ensuring adherence to policies, recommending policy changes where appropriate
- A strong record of customer service, with a mindset of assisting customers in resolving problems and finding solutions, including experience providing workable and understandable recommendations to management
Location: 541 – Richmond
Working Conditions: Office Environment; Warehouse Environment
Reports to: District Manager
Purolator is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We recognize that our employees and their families are key stakeholders. We will only be successful as a business if we provide our employees with a safe and healthy workplace and we have the right people in the right roles with the support they need to succeed. We hire for attitude and train for skills. To learn more about us and our values, go to www.purolator.com.
At Purolator, every day is an opportunity for our employees to connect with one another and with our customers to help make a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play.