The Cardiology Technologist is primarily responsible for the cardiac diagnostic analysis of holter recordings. This includes monitoring of the recording for quality and identifying and resolving recorder and equipment related problems. The Cardiology Technologist also acts as a technical and diagnostic resource for ECGs and holters, and is involved in cardiac education.
- Performs accurate cardiac diagnostic analysis of Holter scans
- Monitors the quality of the study and recorders and resolves equipment related problems
- Receives, accessions, and distributes Holter reports
- Acts as a technical and diagnostic resource for PSC staff for Holter, and ECGS.
- Assists Cardiac Resource in providing ongoing cardiac education to the PSC staff.
- Assists Cardiac Resource in monitoring quality assurance for ECG’s
- Performs team tasks as required to maintain effective team operations. Example of tasks may include:
- Updating protocols
- Ordering supplies
- Attending meetings (e.g.) safety, document control)
- Filing and other related duties
These tasks may be assigned by the team supervisor and/or be on a voluntary basis.
- Maintains confidentiality involving any information made available directly or indirectly about clients including physicians, patients, employees and the company.
- Observes and executes all laboratory safety and security policies and regulations; including location and use of safety equipment, evacuation routes, disposal of contaminated material.
- Maintains knowledge of safety/WHMIS and TDG procedures.
- Trains and orient of all team members.
- Assist in problem solving related to workflow and workstation organization and provides input, as required at team meetings.
- Participant in related team functions (i.e. team meetings, special projects, problem solving and decision making.)
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Diploma in Cardiology Technology from a recognized community college program
- Current registration with CSCT and OSCT
- BA or BSc in addition preferred
- 2 years recent experience in hospital, private Cardiac Lab with holter scanning on a retrospective scanning system
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Keyboard skills and typing speed of 40 wpm
- Demonstrated proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to all staff
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery