Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is seeking a Client Information Specialist to join our team in Surrey, British Columbia.
Our Client Information Specialist is responsible for providing test results and information to internal and external clients in an efficient and accurate manner. Maintains support services to handle patient requisitions. In addition, the Client Service Specialist provides input to the Team Supervisor concerning team issues and opportunities for improvement.. This is a great role for a hands-on, detail-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
As a reminder, Casual employees are scheduled to work as required by the operation and will work anywhere from 0 to 37.5 hours weekly, Monday through Sunday. Some shifts may be pre-assigned and other shifts will be considered ‘on call’ (i.e. coordinated with Scheduling on day of). Employees are required to complete a Casual Availability Form each year and commit to provide ongoing availability that meets operational needs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provides test results and test information to internal and external clients in an efficient and accurate manner. This includes calling, faxing, and answering incoming inquiries as required.
- Receives and implements requests for additional testing on specimens.
- Provides patient information to referring physicians and referral labs.
- Refers questions/complaints to specialists as appropriate for follow-up
- Responds to routine inquiries from doctors and patients, ensuring follow-up to our clients.
- Ensures client service information is current by collating statistical information and documentation, follows-up to ensure information is received, updates information as appropriate, file searches archives for medical/legal purposes
- Receives and follows-up requests for physician consultations
Are You a Good Fit?
LifeLabs is seeking a Client Information Specialist who can work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment, while adhering to LifeLabs’ standards of safety, accuracy and efficiency. Do you have:
- High school graduation and/or completion of a Medical Lab Assistant training program, or equivalent training or related work experience
- Good understanding of medical terminology
- Knowledge and understanding of tests and services provided by the company and good understanding of the overall flow of the laboratory
- Ability to operate telephone system
- Excellent client service skills
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team and be flexible and adaptable
- Ability to be flexible and take a positive attitude towards change
- Minimum 40 wpm and basic computer knowledge
- Ability to cope in stressful situations
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and public relation skills
At LifeLabs, great employees are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why LifeLabs provides more than just competitive compensation and benefits – our employees receive coaching and training in an environment that fosters open communication, education opportunities with tuition reimbursement, and opportunities for advancement and changes in career direction. We especially encourage applications from new graduates and individuals looking to advance their careers.
Does this sound like the job for you? We’d love to discuss your qualifications. Apply online today!
As a caring and customer driven organization, LifeLabs is committed to providing inclusive, barrier free services and workplaces. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities during the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please advise the Recruiter who contacts you and we will work with you to meet your needs.
LifeLabs has operated in Canada for more than 50 years. It is a leading provider of laboratory testing and management services, contributing to the treatment and prevention of disease by enabling healthcare providers to operate more efficiently and effectively. LifeLabs provides more than 120 million diagnostic tests for approximately 20 million patient visits annually. Information from these tests plays a vital role in predicting, diagnosing, treating and monitoring disease. LifeLabs operates the largest community medical laboratory network in Canada, together with our hospital and healthcare partners. LifeLabs also partners with healthcare providers to build a healthier Canada by transforming and managing laboratory organizations to better meet the complex healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery