Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Help Headquarters
Job Type: Full-Time
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What’s the job?
The Data Quality Analyst supports the Manager, Data Quality in monitoring the quality of data across systems, clarifying data definitions and outlining the appropriate usage of enterprise data with the goal of building trust in data. The Data Quality Analyst supports business units by helping coordinate planning and remediation activities for data quality issues and acts as a liaison between various technical teams as well as business lines.
What you’ll get to do:
- Share data quality best practices with technical and non-technical audiences
- Design processes for proactive monitoring of data quality. Coordinate remediation of data quality issues with cross functional stakeholders.
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements for Engineering teams to work on.
- Evaluate system and architectural designs and provide recommendations with due consideration to both business requirements and data governance objectives.
- Identify and train business lines stewards on their responsibilities.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of system level data quality rules.
- Support the Master Data Management practice and other Data Governance initiatives as required.
- Maintain Data Quality Scorecards by subject area and help quantify the business impact of data quality activities to senior leadership
Who are we looking for?
- 4+ years of experience in a Data Governance, Data Quality, Analytics, or other Data focused roles in a technical or functional capacity, preferably with Financial Services industry experience
- Experience coordinating cross-functional and / or cross-divisional projects in both traditional SDLC and Agile context
- Knowledge of data quality best practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets
- Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) best practices and tools
- Experience with popular enterprise grade tools/ platforms used to support data ingress/ egress, data dictionaries, data profiling, data quality and lineage.
- Experience with SQL and modern cloud data lakes, preferably on AWS
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Strong planning, tracking and presentation skills
- Attention to detail, and sense of urgency, and commitment to deadlines
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify quantify and effectively raise business risks associated with data quality or non-compliance.
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
- Image Gallery