At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
We believe we can build a healthier Canada through the power of technology. As a Lab Technical Assistant with LifeLabs you will have the opportunity to work with state of the art technology, and be part of a community/team that is supportive and collaborative.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,700 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
LifeLabs is currently looking for casual Lab Technical Assistants to join our Microbiology Support team in Surrey British Columbia.
As an Lab Technical Assistant you will be responsible for the preparation, setup, and limited test processing of specimens in the laboratory, and help deliver better health outcomes for patients through the delivery of fast and accurate test results. These are casual roles with flexible shift work suitable for the maintenance of a healthy work/life balance. LifeLabs also offers great opportunities for education and career growth, including fee online courses, coaching and training, and tuition reimbursement for seminars, courses and conferences.
These are casual roles with no guaranteed hours or days, Monday thru Sunday starting shifts times may vary from 5:00am, 1:00pm, 5:00pm and 12:00am
In this role you will:
- Receive, accession, sort and prepare specimens for testing in Microbiology
- Perform manual and automated testing procedures under the guidance of a Medical Laboratory Technologist.
- Respond to phone inquiries from LifeLabs employees and clients such as hospitals, clinics and physicians.
- Clean, maintain, and operate instruments and other equipment.
- Participate in problem solving in work organization and workflow to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure test quality and personal safety at all times.
The right person for this role is a hands-on, detail-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced collaborative environment. Some key qualities include: flexibility, adaptability to change, and problem solving skills. Other requirements include:
- High School diploma with courses in post-secondary science or medical terminology.
- Previous laboratory experience an asset.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Good computer skills and knowledge with a minimum typing speed of 40 wpm.
- Problem solving skills, including the ability to identify and follow-up on issues.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of safety, patient privacy and confidentiality.
We are looking for passionate individuals who share in the importance of our values: Caring, Customer Driven, Agile and One Team, and can live these values with us every day.
Ready to make a difference? Apply today.