Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Surrey
Job Type: Full-Time
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What’s the job?
Not to be confused with a “Sharing Specialist” or a “Giving Specialist”, the Lending Specialist specializes in lending money to our members. That means that you’ll be responsible for making sure they give it back eventually. As one of our Lending Specialists, you’ll give top-notch credit advice, service and candy to our valued members (the candy thing is optional).
What’s unique about this role is you can provide simple financial help to your members while wearing a phone headset and your jeans… or even your shorts (of course, a shirt required too). As a Lending Specialist in our contact centre, you connect with your members over the phone or using our other new and advanced technologies – like web chatting.
What you’ll get to do:
- Build relationships and maximize business opportunities with members through inbound and outbound calling, on-line and email channels
- Use your super power skills to provide high quality, fast paced, personalized credit advice and service to our wonderful members
- Work collaboratively with the Financial Services Representative team to cross-share information and provide seamless banking, investment and insurance service
- Work in a dynamic environment using state-of-the-art technology in both phone and software applications
- Deliver world class member experience over the phone to attract new members and retain our current ones
Who are we looking for?
You are considered a credit guru in your current work environment. You love the thrill of providing excellent advice and structuring a credit deal that is beneficial to your member and your business. Plus, you can identify opportunities to introduce your members to the rest of your Coast’s financial services team. And you can meet your sales goals and targets with one hand tied behind your back.
- You’ve loved your career in the financial services industry where you’ve fine-tuned your direct sales and lending experience, where your ability to provide underwriting services involves understanding and making decisions around risk
- Communication is key for this role, so your verbal and written English have to be great.
- Flexibility is vital, the contact centre operates Mondays to Saturdays (Sunday hours may become a thing of the future), 8 am – 8 pm, so be prepared to happily work a variety of hours, including evenings and weekends
- Superior technical aptitude, either helping our members navigate their online banking or learning a new technology will be easy-peasy for you
- Advanced keyboarding skills where your fingers can fly over your keyboard
- The desire to help Coast Capital members with offering simple financial help
- Bringing your “A” game to create and support a positive team environment
- The ability to learn quickly, apply your knowledge and receive timely feedback in a closely monitored environment
- The ability to have fun when pressured by time constraints in a fast paced business environment
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery