Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Surrey
Job Type: Full-Time
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What’s the job?
The Manager, Financial Services ensures the successful operation of the multi-channel contact center by leading the Financial Services Team to help members achieve what is important in their life. The Manager is responsible for leading their team to deliver both trusted member advice and a high level of service through the voice, email and social channels. The Manager is responsible for achieving sales, growth, profitability, efficiency and member satisfaction for not only their assigned team but in support of the entire contact center’s Financial Services Team.
Through the leadership of the Member Banking Specialists (MBS’), the Manager contributes to the corporate targets on business growth, sales and distribution activities by deepening member relationships through general retail banking support. In addition, with other Contact Centre managers, this Manager also supports the contact center operation through real-time management, productivity, quality and attendance. The Manager coaches and mentors his/her team to meet the business objectives and personal career goals, leading by example. As the Contact Centre operates on a seven-day shift, 12 hours per day, flexibility to work shifts of varying hours is mandatory as is meeting the work from home requirements. Although work from home is required in the short-term, options to work from an office location and/or continue to work from home in the medium to long-term are under review.
What you’ll get to do:
- In conjunction with the Contact Centre Manager, be actively involved in the community to foster the image and reputation of Coast Capital Savings
- Demonstrate commitment by actively contributing support and participation in new Corporate initiatives
- Maintain effective Human Resources practices within the Team
- Provide a work environment (virtual and/or on premise) that is supportive of the productivity and morale of staff
- Effectively manage performance of the Team by conducting coaching sessions, performance evaluations, goal setting, career counseling, training, development, hiring, promotions, salary adjustments, transfers and disciplinary measures
- Dynamically and visibly lead the Financial Services team virtually or on premise
- Manage within approved FTE complement
- Effectively manage controllable expenses
- Assist with the development of contact center business plans, operating plans and budgets
- Consistently achieve and strive to exceed mutually agreed-upon operational and financial objectives for the Financial Services Team
- Manage Contact Centre operations in absence of other Contact Centre Managers
- Manage the relationship building process to ensure a consistent image in service delivery both externally to attract new customers and internally to retain and build on previously established relationships
- Fulfillment and distribution initiatives to achieve Team and Corporate targets such as customer satisfaction and growth objectives
- Manage the delivery of high quality customer service
- Through effective coaching of staff within the Financial Service, market all credit union products and services to existing and perspective customers where appropriate on a consultative basis in order to achieve business unit sales targets (banking, insurance, wealth management, and other subsidiaries)
Who are we looking for?
- A minimum of 4-6 years of experience on a financial services team with varying experience that includes but is not limited to retail banking. Demonstrated leadership aptitude. Knowledge of contact center operational practices.
- Mutual Funds License desired. Completion of post-secondary education, preferably a University Degree in a related discipline is preferred. Alternatively, varying combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Proficient knowledge in all relevant technology banking, contact center and WFM systems. Demonstrated ability to trouble-shoot systems issues.
- Intermediate knowledge of applicable word-processing and spreadsheet programs
- Solid knowledge of all CCS products and services
- Demonstrated consultative sales skills
- Ability to effectively motivate and supervise employees in a remote and on premise environment
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal effectively and promptly with customer complaints
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
- Image Gallery