Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Help Headquarters
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Grade: 11
Posting End Date:
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What’s the job?
The Manager, Operational Risk supports the development and execution of Coast’s operational risk management program. The position is mandated to implement risk management processes and procedures in line with the internal policies and industry best practice. Responsibilities include facilitating the identification and assessment of risks across the organization, including acting as the subject matter expert to effectively embed Coast’s Risk and Control Self- Assessment (RCSA) program and working with business units to perform operational risk assessments in support of new or changing business processes.
What you’ll get to do:
• Ensure the risk and control information gathered from the RCSA program is populated into the Operational Risk Model and the Internal Control Register
• Actively promote education and awareness on risk management, particularly accountability of risk and control ownership at the business unit level and roles and responsibilities around the 3 Lines of Defense
• Collaborate with business units across Coast to identify entity and process level risks applicable to the particular function and work with leaders within the function to derive action plans to further mitigate risks where control improvement are identified
• Proactively research risk management regulations and best practices
• Coordinate with the Organizational Governance Program to ensure risks and internal controls identified through the Program are adequately assessed on an ongoing basis via the RCSA program
• Maintain the Internal Control Register outlining key entity and process level controls for all business units across Coast
• Ensure a coordinated approach related to the collection of information around the identification, documentation and assessment of key controls with other related activities planned, including the Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) Program
• Collaborate with the Operational Risk management team on the development of Coast’s corporate risk profile, including organizational and functional risk heat maps
• Review and update the current documentation related to the RCSA program, including the updated strategy and related duties and expected outcomes
• Coordinate and conduct RCSAs from planning, initiating to reporting for operational activities, projects and special assignments. This includes supporting leaders in developing and maintaining action plans identified during the self- assessment process
• Facilitate identification of gaps in risk responses and provide information to management to rectify and assist management in maintaining action plans
• Assist in the reporting of identified risks, controls and mitigation strategies identified via the RCSA and operational risk assessment processes to senior management and executives
• Work with the Operation Risk Management team to increase awareness and standard application of the Operational Risk Assessment Framework, including acting as the subject matter expert for operational risk assessments being performed
Who are we looking for?
• Minimum 7 – 9 Years of Job Related Experience
• Experience in Operational / Enterprise Risk Management, including RCSA implementation, execution of risk assessments and evaluation of internal controls.
• Bachelor’s Degree or a diploma requiring 3 – 4 years of full-time study. Risk designation or the desire to complete is preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Proficient in risk assessment planning, initiating, executing and reporting
• Proficient in internal control identification, assessment, monitoring and development
• Knowledge of RCSA implementation, execution and management
• Strong communication and presentation skills and comfortable in dealing with personnel from all levels of CCS
• Well organized and highly self-motivated
• Strong workshop facilitation and interpersonal skills
• Highly developed problem solving skills
• Able to build effective relationships and be client focused
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery