Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,700 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities. LifeLabs is currently hiring a Casual Materials Specialist to join our Logistics and Materials Management team in Surrey, BC.
Casual employees are scheduled to work as required by the operation and will work anywhere from 0 to 37.5 hours weekly, Monday through Sunday. Some shifts may be pre-assigned and other shifts will be considered ‘on call’ (i.e. coordinated with Scheduling on day of). Employees are required to complete a Casual Availability Form each year and commit to provide ongoing availability that meets operational needs.
In this role, the Materials Specialist will be responsible for maintaining inventory levels, order management and replenishment of Patient Service Centers, Physician Offices and Laboratory departments as applicable. Demonstrates LifeLabs Values in all activities.
- Maintain and monitor appropriate inventory levels in central stores, PSCs, Physician Offices and Laboratory departments.
- Provide customer service and support in all aspects of Materials Management for PSC, Laboratory staff and external customers. Effective troubleshooting and resolution of materials management issues. Supply empty bio-hazard and chemical waste containers to the lab as needed.
- Monitor maintenance of the storage carousel and inventory shuttle, where applicable.
- Receive material orders and ensure all goods are received in an acceptable condition.
- Ensure compliance to standard processes and required regulations for the ordering, receiving, storage and distribution of materials within all sites.
- Train PSC, distribution and laboratory staff in the use of inventory control systems as applicable.
- Effective contributor to Diagnostics Materials Management and Lean Sigma Deployment teams.
- Identify and implement opportunities to reduce materials costs in the areas of consumption, waste and product design.
- Follow-up on and resolve service and problem issues.
- Identify incidents and non-conformances; escalate as appropriate
- Ensure confidentiality of patient information.
- Use personal protective equipment (e.g. gloves, lab coats) as specified in EHS procedures.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work environment.
- Laboratory environment.
- One to two years materials management experience, preferably in a lab environment
- 3yrs experience in an inventory management role
- Working experience or understanding of MRP and ERP and Lean Manufacturing an asset
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs consistently, to shoulder height. repetitive movements and bending, turning and kneeling, as well as walking required
- Ability to work autonomously
- Basic knowledge of Excel, Outlook and Word, experience with Oracle an asset
- High School Diploma or equivalent
We are looking for passionate individuals who share in the importance of our values: Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence, and can live these values with us every day.
Ready to make a difference? Apply today!
As a caring and customer driven organization, LifeLabs is committed to providing inclusive, barrier free services and workplaces. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities during the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please advise the Recruiter who contacts you and we will work with you to meet your needs.
LifeLabs has operated in Canada for more than 50 years. It is a leading provider of laboratory testing and management services, contributing to the treatment and prevention of disease by enabling healthcare providers to operate more efficiently and effectively. LifeLabs provides more than 100 million diagnostic tests for approximately 19 million patients visits annually. Information from these tests plays a vital role in predicting, diagnosing, treating and monitoring disease. LifeLabs operates the largest community medical laboratory network in Canada, together with our hospital and healthcare partners. LifeLabs also partners with healthcare providers to build a healthier Canada by transforming and managing laboratory organizations to better meet the complex healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery