Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
Build skills by working on a variety of makes, models & equipment
• Develop new skills for a career track in service or operation management
• Work with an incredible team of people in a safety-focused environment
Sunbelt Rentals–the fastest growing rental business in North America–is seeking a Mechanic.
This mechanic/technician role performs preventive maintenance, perform diagnostics and make repairs on equipment in the safest, most effective way possible to avoid downtime. Our fleet varies by location but primarily include Aerial Work Platforms, general construction tools and equipment. Our specialty lines locations may have a fleet of large-scale power-generators, pumps, HVAC systems and oil/gas related equipment.
Education or experience that prepares you for success:
• High school diploma or GED required, some trade school or equivalent training desired
• 3 to 5 years of mechanic experience with similar diesel equipment and/or heavy equipment or specialty lines equipment (large-scale generators, pumps, HVAC or Oil & Gas equipment) strongly preferred
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities you may rely on:
• May need to provide mechanic’s tools of the trade.
• Advanced knowledge of hydraulic systems & troubleshooting skills
• Advanced knowledge of electrical systems & troubleshooting skills
• Ability to be flexible with changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws.
Qualified Veterans Welcome & Encouraged to Apply!
Related experience may include: Shop Mechanic, Mechanic, Technician, Service Foreman, Service Manager, Shop Manager, Mechanic Supervisor, Technician Supervisor, Lead Mechanic, Lead Technician, Diesel Technician, Diesel Mechanic, Service Technician, Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Hydraulic Technician, Hydraulic Mechanic, ASE Certified Mechanic, IFPS Certified Technician
Sunbelt Rentals has competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program.
Although we appreciate all who apply we will contact only those candidates who meet our requirements.
Sunbelt Rentals requires applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company. Employment with Sunbelt Rentals is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities.
- Address 13078 84 Ave, Surrey, British Columbia V3W 1L2, Canada