Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
We believe we can build a healthier Canada through the power of technology. As a Medical Lab Technologist with LifeLabs you will have the opportunity to work with state of the art technology, and be part of a community/team that is supportive and collaborative.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,700 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is seeking Medical Lab Technologist's to join our Molecular team in Surrey, British Columbia.
Our Medical Lab Technologist, Molecular t is responsible for the processing, analysis, interpretation and reporting of patient samples for routine and esoteric molecular diagnostics assays. They also perform quality control and maintenance procedures on reagents and equipment, and troubleshooting problems in accordance with departmental policies, procedures and standards. They will participate in evaluating new procedures and methods, in collaboration with the technical resource, medical/scientific staff, quality resources, etc. as appropriate. This is a great role for a hands-on, detail-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
These are full time permanent night shift roles, Monday to Friday 11.15 pm – 7.15 am and are located at 7455, 130th Street Surrey.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Perform all required molecular techniques, including but not limited to nucleic acid extraction, nucleic acid amplification, restriction enzyme digestion, gel electrophoresis, and gel imaging according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Operate IntRlab, MEWS and any assay-specific software.
- Operate equipment, perform routine maintenance, quality control, and troubleshoot according to manufacturer’s guidelines and departmental policies and procedures.
- Perform Quality Control on reagents, test kits and instruments and maintains records and charts.
- Participate in guiding tours and providing education as required.
- Perform team tasks as required to maintain effective team operations.
- These tasks may be assigned by the Operations Supervisor and/or be on a voluntary basis.
- Assist in problem solving related to workflow and department organization and provide input, as required, at team meetings.
LifeLabs’ facilities are also known as “teaching laboratories,” offering opportunities to share knowledge in a collaborative environment, 24-hour medical support through our Medical Science team and Medical library, and the ability to teach our college and university student placements.
Are You a Good Fit?
LifeLabs is seeking a Medical Lab Technologist, Molecular who can work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment, while adhering to LifeLabs’ standards of safety, accuracy and efficiency. Do you have:
- Registered Technologist with CSMLS (or eligibility for CSMLS).
- Recent relevant experience desirable.
- Excellent communication skills to enable you to relate with a wide variety of people.
- Good computer skills and knowledge.
- Problem solving skills, including the ability to identify and follow-up on issues.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of safety, patient privacy and confidentiality.
As a caring and customer driven organization, LifeLabs is committed to providing inclusive, barrier free services and workplaces. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities during the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please advise the Recruiter who contacts you and we will work with you to meet your needs.
LifeLabs has operated in Canada for more than 50 years. It is a leading provider of laboratory testing and management services, contributing to the treatment and prevention of disease by enabling healthcare providers to operate more efficiently and effectively. LifeLabs provides more than 100 million diagnostic tests for approximately 19 million patients visits annually. Information from these tests plays a vital role in predicting, diagnosing, treating and monitoring disease. LifeLabs operates the largest community medical laboratory network in Canada, together with our hospital and healthcare partners. LifeLabs also partners with healthcare providers to build a healthier Canada by transforming and managing laboratory organizations to better meet the complex healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery