Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Help Headquarters
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Grade: 11
Posting End Date:
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What’s the job?
The Operational Risk Manager provides oversight, monitoring and reporting on Coast Capital’s Operational Risk Management Program. The position is mandated to develop, implement and monitor the operational management framework, which includes the practices leveraged across Coast Capital to manage operational risks. The role is responsible for providing policies, standards, methodologies and controls that increase transparency, accuracy and consistency across all departments. The Operational Risk Manager provides oversight and challenge of risk assessments, reporting of risks, controls, and risk treatment, and acts as a subject matter expert to provide support and advice on operational risk management.
What you’ll get to do:
- Prepare reports for senior leadership on risks, controls, and risk treatment identified via the Operational Risk Management Program, including RCSAs, Operational Risk Events, monitoring and testing, and oversight duties.
- Research and report on emerging risks, including gathering information from external and internal sources, and identify appropriate emerging risk treatment strategies.
- Proactively research risk management regulations and best practices related to the subject matter field.
- Actively promote education and conduct training on operational risk management topics, particularly accountability of risk and control ownership at the business unit level and roles and responsibilities for the 3 Lines of Defense.
- Review and update Operational Risk Management Program processes, procedures, and tools, including engaging stakeholders and communicating updates as necessary (this applies to RSCAs, OREs, monitoring and testing, and risk oversight duties).
- Maintain the Internal Control and Process Mapping Inventory outlining key entity and process level controls for all business units and departments across Coast.
- Provide risk oversight, guidance and advice in one or more operational areas including: information security; project management; third party management; products and marketing; human resources; back office operations; and information technology.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Enterprise and Operational Risk.
- Develop, maintain and make available training materials for all operational risk management subjects as applicable.
- Work with business units and departments across Coast to understand and map their processes and related controls.
- Provide review and challenge of information provided by business units and departments on risk and control self assessments and action plans.
- Collaborate with business units across Coast to identify and assess risks and controls applicable to the particular function, and work with leaders within the function to derive action plans to further mitigate risks where necessary.
- Receive reports from business units and departments on operational risk events, investigate events, and provides guidance, assistance and oversight on the identification, classification and associated risk treatment and action items until event closure
- Maintain event data and populate risk events and issues information into Coast Capital’s risk management software, including tracking action items.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum 7 – 9 Years of Job Related Experience
- Experience in Operational / Enterprise Risk Management, including execution of risk assessments, evaluation of internal controls, monitoring and testing, event and incident response, project risk management, and/or developing risk management infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a diploma requiring 3 – 4 years of full-time study.
- Risk designation or the desire to complete is preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Proficient in risk assessment planning, initiating, executing and reporting
- Proficient in internal control identification, assessment, monitoring and development
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills and comfortable in dealing with personnel from all levels of CCS
- Well organized and highly self-motivated
- Strong workshop facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Highly developed problem solving skills
- Able to build effective relationships and be client focused
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.