Title: Platform Engineer
Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Help Headquarters
Job Type: [[jobType]]
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What’s the job?
The Platform Engineer is a key member of the Platform Services team, which operates as a centralized team within Enterprise Technology Solutions (ETS) supporting business development, quality assurance, operations and line of business teams by interconnecting platforms, devices and applications to optimize enterprise business solutions. Each Platform Engineer designs, documents, builds and automates all enterprise solutions to deliver highly available and resilient enterprise solutions, and continually monitor all platforms health and performance baselines to maintain a high quality end user experience.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work under the guidance of the Coast Capital Savings management team to ensure alignment with the strategic corporate directives.
- Work with enterprise architecture, enterprise project management office, and procurement teams to engage in proof of concept technology testing cycles, develop system test plans, and provide guidance on hardware and software configurations.
- Work with the enterprise architecture and procurement team to create and maintain technology standards and configuration standards for Coast Capital Savings.
- Document and execute procurement requests for corporate approved technologies, as well as review vendor quotes to ensure that accuracy and completeness.
- Create and maintain all documented workflows, standard operating procedures, designs, operational training, incident management, trouble shooting, lessons learned, and change management documents in accordance with CCS Information Technology procedures and policies.
- Provide integration, automation and lifecycle management to all platforms including enterprise class: servers, storage, converged devices, hyper converged services, interfaces, firewalls, load balancers, networking interconnects, security devices, encryption devices, monitoring technologies, automation/configuration solutions, and backup and recovery technologies.
- Perform regular maintenance and upgrades to all cloud and platform solutions to ensure optimized performance and compliancy to security standards.
- Work with Business Continuity Planning and Architecture teams to create designs for backup and recovery services for all cloud and platform solutions to meet business defined disaster recovery objectives, responsible to implement, provide test plans and test schedules annually to meet regulatory requirements.
- Team members rotate as primary and secondary on-call for critical support to CCS’s cloud and platform solutions on a 7/24/365 basis. During emergency situations team members may be recalled to work at any time to meet the defined Business Continuance Plan and Disaster Recovery plans service level agreements.
- Provide health, performance, and alert monitoring services to all cloud and platform solutions to ensure a high quality systems integrity.
- Provide subject matter expertise during the planning phase of projects, to ensure all functional and non-functional technology requirements are met, as well as assist with multi-year scalability/capacity and Disaster Recovery planning.
- Document and execute procurement requests for corporate approved technologies on behalf of the project, also to review all vendor quotes to ensure that accuracy and completeness.
- Provide subject matter expertise during the execution phase to ensure integration, automation and orchestration of new systems are completed on schedule.
- Provide subject matter expertise during closing phase to ensure service transition documentation for hand-off to operations personnel for ongoing maintenance and support is completed.
- Implement and manage all cloud services and platforms to comply with CCS ITG security procedures and policies.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum 4 – 6 Years of Job-Related Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or a diploma requiring 3 – 4 years of full-time study.
- Working knowledge with Unix/Linux/HP-UX systems (4 years plus of systems administration)
- Working programing knowledge with SHELL, BASH, and Python
- Working knowledge with GIT, or other version control source code repositories
- Working knowledge with Ansible or other orchestration, configuration management, deployment solutions.
- Working knowledge of networking principles and technologies (e.g. TCP / UDP protocols, DNS, DHCP services).
- Working knowledge with enterprise server-class hardware (HP, IBM, Dell – Blade Technologies, and Converged technologies).
- Working knowledge with enterprise storage platforms providing SAN and NAS services (NetApp, HP, Nimble, and EMC).
- Working knowledge with enterprise security and encryption systems (Cisco, F5, Fortinet firewalls, and other similar technologies).
- Working knowledge with enterprise load balancer solutions (F5, Cisco, and Citrix).
- Working knowledge with enterprise virtualization technologies (VMware ESXi, and Microsoft Hyper-v)
- Working knowledge with enterprise backup and recovery systems (Brocade, Symantec, Asigra (Encrypted Could Vaulting), NetApp, Decru, HP, and VMware)
- Working knowledge with Zabbix, Splunk, OnCommand Insight, OnCommand Unified Manager, OnCommand Performance, Cacti, Solarwinds, Graphite and Grafana or other enterprise level monitoring and alerting solutions.
- Working knowledge with Workflow Automation tools like BMC Control-M or other workflow automation solutions
- Proficiency in Cloud technologies, Data Center technologies and Infrastructure technologies
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Server technologies (4 years plus of systems administration)
- Proficient with Bimodal (agile and waterfall) IT service delivery methodologies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to be a part of and support cross-functional teams, as well as the ability to speak to all levels of the company.
- Strong technical documentation, process documentation and design skills, ability to provide instruction on new workflows to cross-functional team members.
- Strong trouble shooting skills to be able to quickly analyze and resolve problems associated with banking service interruptions and focus on immediate return to service to maintain a high level end user experience.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Highly motivated and self-driven, capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks, with tight deadlines, as well as work with internal teams.
- Having a team player attitude with enthusiasm to engage in and support organizational activities.
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery