Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Help Headquarters
Job Type: Full-Time
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What’s the job?
Do you like to take things apart and figure out how to put them back together? Are you a perfectionist and want to ensure all things align? Here is a career opportunity for you. The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager is responsible for leading a team of QA Specialists ensuring quality standards are met for application development and infrastructure system implementations. You will ensure rigorous quality standards and methodologies are developed and adherence to these standards is maintained. This includes solution accreditation and process compliance verification.
What you’ll get to do:
- Leads a team of Quality Assurance Analysts, providing overall group vision and direction that focuses the group on providing effective, efficient and appropriate quality assurance services.
- Collaborate with business, software and systems personnel to develop comprehensive Quality Assurance Plans describing the testing approach to be taken, and outlining the test scenarios to be executed.
- Lead all quality assurance exercises to manage, resolve or escalate the risk of implementing new or changes to existing applications or systems ensuring that changes do not jeopardize the integrity of existing production systems.
- Research and recommend use testing tools such as macros, automated testing tools and data comparison tools to increase test effectiveness
- Develop and implement a Total Quality Management framework, document, educate and disseminate Quality Assurance best practices, processes and methodology.
Who are we looking for?
- A minimum of 3 years related experience in developing and implementing a Total Quality Management program.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in software quality assurance or application development.
- Familiarity with the financial services industry is highly desirable.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or diploma in technology. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered. Training in software quality methods is highly desirable
- Excellent knowledge of QA methods, planning, approaches to testing and defect identification and resolution.
- Solid understanding and experience in project management, software development, system development, security and database design.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with testing tools (ie. Rational Robot, XML Spy) and data comparison tools and spreadsheet programs (ie Excel).
- Strong leadership abilities working with initiative, energy and minimal direction; inspire and support the team to do the same
Why join Coast Capital Savings?
We don’t mean to toot our own horn, but…
- We improve Canadians’ financial well-being through providing simple financial help.
- Employees do what’s best for our members. Every day.
- We believe in being a great corporate citizen so we invest in our local communities by donating our time, money and expertise.
- Our employees take advantage of the many opportunities to grow their careers.
- Employees love having a cool place to work with modern LEED certified offices and being recognized with a virtual (and, at times, an actual) high-five.
- Our inspiring leaders help our employees develop their talents and encourage them to be their fabulous selves.
- We have a unique culture where we take our business seriously, but ourselves, not so much.
- We are a Certified B Corp®. Our certification reflects our strong commitment to social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
- In 2019, we earned double kudos by being named one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies – two of the nation’s most coveted business awards, may we add.
Does this position inspire you? If so, apply today at Coast Capital Savings.
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery