Saw Mill Production Team Member
Do you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment with opportunities for continuous growth and development?
When you join the Teal-Jones Group, you are joining a leader in the industry. The entrepreneurial spirit embedded throughout The Teal-Jones Group of companies started more than 70 years ago. We have built our success and continue to grow.
We provide a dynamic environment with competitive compensation. We encourage innovation and growth in a fast paced environment.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, you will work as part of a high performance team with duties including:
- Familiarity with production run specifications, goals and objectives;
- Make sure yard is free of litter, banding and dunnage;
- Work closely with Maintenance to ensure that there is no risk of fire;
- Read, understand and follow safe work procedures;
- Monitor housekeeping and assist with clean up in work area during down time;
- Housekeeping of employee rest areas;
- Empty garbage bins;
- Pick up and recycle lath and dunnage;
- Maintain sawmill cleanliness to required standards.
Ideal candidates will have:
- A good eye for detail as well as be physically able to clean in and around sawmill machinery and equipment;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- A commitment to working safely coupled with strong communication & interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision;
- Shift work is required, including weekends, day, afternoon and night shifts.
THE TEAL-JONES GROUP OFFERS:
- A competitive wage and benefits program;
- A commitment to safety standards;
- A collaborative and respectful work environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to: email@example.com
This location is not accessible by transit.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
- Address 17897 Triggs Rd, Surrey, British Columbia V4N 4M8, Canada