Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Surrey
Job Type: [[jobType]]
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What’s the job?
The Senior Manager, Credit Advice is a key strategic member of the Advice Centre senior leadership team. Working closely with the Vice President is responsible for the forecasting, planning and coordination of credit activity at the Advice Centre to expand and enhance the credit services at the Advice Centre as we expand nationally. In addition this position oversees the day to day operations and risk management of the multi-channel Credit department. The senior manager is responsible for the short and long-term strategic implementation of Coast Capital Saving’s credit programs and activities through the voice and web channels ensuring a superior member experience in support of this national expansion. The Senior Manager is accountable for overseeing senior Credit and Exception Approvals within assigned Credit Lending Limits at the Advice Centre; ensuring quality input and underwriting of the team's credit applications, balancing the management of risk with production; and developing, monitoring and managing contact centre’s specific policies and procedures so that we meet our member’s financial well-being needs. The Senior Manager is the enterprise level subject matter expert for Credit. The incumbent is accountable for developing individual and team's skills and performance to achieve Coast Capital Saving’s annual goals. The role is a key partner to Credit Approvals, Mobile Mortgage, Broker and Retail Banking through allocation of resources, mentorship and cross sharing of knowledge.
What you’ll get to do:
- Proactively manage, coach, mentor the Advice Centre Lending team in meeting corporate objectives.
- Responsible for understanding what impact provincial laws may have on our credit policies as we expand nationally.
- Leads by example and displays Coast values. Provides a work environment that engages employees and supports a productive, high performing team through coaching and all aspects of performance management.
- Manages scheduling and workflows to ensure a high level of member service while maintaining target service levels.
- Analyzes corporate workflow policies/procedures and makes recommendations for more streamlined, effective processes.
- Develops, monitors and manages Advice Centre specific policies and procedures to ensure superior member experience. Makes recommendations, participates in the development and implements improvements.
- Ensures timely reporting and analysis of individual and team performance looking for insights and opportunities to leverage performance.
- In collaboration with the Advice Centre leadership team, develops advice centre goals, business plans and operating plans that meet department objectives and align to corporate strategy.
- Is a recognized expert in credit and credit risk at an enterprise level, and is a proactive partner in developing out procedures and processes as we continue to expand nationally.
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships across the organization in order to develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives to increase capacity and reduce member effort.
- Ensures a safe, sound and profitable Credit portfolio is maintained through periodic post reviews of loans/mortgages underwritten by Credit Specialists.
- Responsible for maintaining currency of Credit Team knowledge on industry trends and latest frauds in the market in order to mitigate risk when completing lending approvals.
- Ensure timely responses to Credit Risk Review Audits and Lending Internal Audits while implementing timely corrective actions to address compliance issues.
- Responsible for leading and engaging the team in order to achieve sales advice/referral targets and cross selling opportunities.
- Actively participates and supports Coast’s community programs. Responsible for leading and encouraging employees to participate in volunteer activities.
- Acts as a Champion for Change. Challenges the status quo; encourages people to question existing methods, practices, and assumptions; supports people in their efforts to try new things.
- Recognizes problems and responds in a timely manner, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when appropriate.
- Operates within the organization's formal and informal structures, builds allies and relationships across departments, uses allies to build consensus and create results, is appropriately diplomatic, understands others' roles and perspectives
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum 5+ years of senior credit and mortgage experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of retail/mortgage lending and retail credit policies and guidelines.
- Preference given to those with national credit experience and/or advice centre leadership experience, channel and real-time management practices. •
- Bachelor's Degree or a diploma requiring 3 – 4 years of full-time study.
- Solid knowledge of technology and software applications specific to Credit Advice.
- Experience working with multi-channel advice centre technology (such as CRM's, ACD, email and web chat platforms) an asset.
- Strong sales coaching and customer service orientation.
- Ability to develop, interpret, articulate and execute on strategy.
- Advanced knowledge of risk management as it relates to credit underwriting.
- Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Aligns day to day activities around broader organizational goals and objectives; prioritizes resources based on the strategic objectives of the organization; recognizes and rewards people based on how their actions support organization's priorities.
- Expert knowledge of all aspects of performance management including developing goals, monitoring and evaluating performance and terminations. Working knowledge of attendance management.
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery