Title: Senior Project Manager
Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Help Headquarters
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Grade: 12
Posting End Date:
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What’s the job?
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for delivering business benefits of specific projects or initiatives through complex planning and managing of resources, time and budget and multiple interdependencies. The projects involve and benefit multiple business unit stakeholders and frequently comprise part of a program that benefits the entire enterprise.
What you’ll get to do:
- Advanced communication skills to effectively communicate project objectives, requirements, expectations, concepts, and progress to the team, project sponsor, steering committee, senior management and stakeholders as required.
- Provides formalized direction and leadership to assigned project team(s) and provides feedback on the performance of project team members.
- Determines project structure, identifies required skills, knowledge and abilities and defines roles and responsibilities of project team members. Develops related project documentations.
- Manages project plans: tracking, monitoring, and communicating project progress, requirements, quality measures, controlling of scope, and change control processes.
- Motivates and manages diverse project teams (internal & external) and situations to ensure successful completion of assigned projects on time and on budget.
- Responsible for evaluating the feasibility of the project by drawing upon their considerable technical, business and institutional knowledge and the project objective/benefit to be realized
- Identifies and proactively manages risks and issues.
Who are we looking for?
- 7+ years of project management experience with 4 years of complex, high value project management experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience planning and delivering IT projects and managing project teams and vendor relationships
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Information Technologies. PMP Certification or comparable combination of experience and education. ITIL and/or AGILE Certification an asset. Knowledge and application of formal project management methodologies and Software Development Life Cycle.
- Expert knowledge of MS Project
- Advanced knowledge of business processes, practices, and systems preferably in the financial services industry.
- Demonstrated competency to managing a broad spectrum of projects including: Strategic Corporate Initiatives, IT Projects, Business Projects.
- Ability to plan and facilitate a variety of business and technical meetings.
- Excellent comprehension of information systems technologies and application architectures
- Understanding of banking e-systems such as internet online banking, mobile (i.e. Smartphone) banking and mobile payments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including professional quality reports, analytical documents and business cases.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects of varying complexity within set timelines.
- Well developed negotiation, and mediation skills pertaining to planning, budgeting, resource acquisition and management.
- Proven effective leadership skills to manage, motivate and coach staff.
- Ability to manage customer expectation by educating them on the risks, costs, and benefits of a variety of options
Why join Coast Capital Savings?
We don’t mean to toot our own horn, but…
- We improve Canadians’ financial well-being through providing simple financial help.
- Employees do what’s best for our members. Every day.
- We believe in being a great corporate citizen so we invest in our local communities by donating our time, money and expertise.
- Our employees take advantage of the many opportunities to grow their careers.
- Employees love having a cool place to work with modern LEED certified offices and being recognized with a virtual (and, at times, an actual) high-five.
- Our inspiring leaders help our employees develop their talents and encourage them to be their fabulous selves.
- We have a unique culture where we take our business seriously, but ourselves, not so much.
- We are a Certified B Corp®. Our certification reflects our strong commitment to social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
- In 2019, we earned double kudos by being named one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies – two of the nation’s most coveted business awards, may we add.
Does this position inspire you? If so, apply today at Coast Capital Savings.
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery