Looking for an interesting job where you can make a difference? Look no further. LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is a proud Canadian company with over 50 years experience. We provide laboratory testing services that help healthcare providers diagnose, treat, monitor and prevent disease in patients. LifeLabs is currently looking for a Supervisor, Lab Operations (overnight shifts), to join our team in Surrey, British Columbia.
As a Supervisor, Lab Operations, you will be responsible for the achievement of goals and targets related to safety, quality and cost effective delivery of diagnostic services to assigned work groups. You will also be responsible for the efficient day to day operations of their assigned employee group, including planning, coordination, evaluation and supervision of all technical and/or operational activities and management of all employees assigned to them. This is a Temporary Full time role.
Environment, Health & Safety
· Proactively model a behaviour that values Safety as the first priority in all that is done.
· Accountable for escalating all safety incidents as established by EH&S guidelines.
· Accountable for the coordination and reporting of investigations, root cause analysis, and recommendations to the Manager.
· Ensure EHS policies and procedures are current and adhered to in the workplace.
· Review EHS monthly inspection sign off and work with Health and Safety representative to recommend corrective action
· Consistently works in compliance with all LifeLabs’ health and safety policies and procedures, and in accordance with the following regulatory guidelines.
· Responsible for attracting and retaining talent, including hiring, onboarding, training, managing performance, coaching for improvement, and managing progressive discipline for direct reports in collaboration with their manager.
· Conduct performance management of their staff and ensuring accurate documentation of corrective actions taken
· Responsible for developing and approving employee schedules, sick time, vacation and leaves ensuring compliance with operational needs and company policies.
· Provide active leadership and development to all direct reports, ensuring all individual and team accountabilities are delivered upon.
· Identify, implement and manage to ensure continuous improvement in quality, safety, productivity, customer service and staff development.
· Demonstrate the ability to obtain the appropriate resources; work collaboratively with peers and support groups
· Participate in local Leadership Teams and provide timely and appropriate communication to area staff.
· Participate in provincial/sector initiatives as required.
· Create a positive employee relations climate, fostering common goals and vision in an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork.
· Manage day to day operation of their area and generally plans to weekly or monthly cycles.
· Supports a work environment of continuous improvement with safety as a priority.
· Implements the annual business plan including setting objectives and targets, assisting in the development of strategies for integration of new business and leading smaller special projects.
· Plans, directs and coordinates shift operations aligned to business plan.
· Provides professional and/or technical training on procedures, laboratory testing and/or screening methods and ensures technical competence of all employees.
· Maintain technical expertise in their area of responsibility.
· Provide input into resource allocation and budget development.
· Accountable for financial performance of their area, identifying variances and ensuring corrective actions are implemented.
· Ensures appropriate supplies, materials are ordered and on hand.
· Provides input into validation and verification of automation and new and/or revised operation processes
· Ensure Business Recovery Plan (BRP) preparedness of self and team. Implement BRP when required
· Accountable for escalating operational issues in an effective manner to ensure Leadership awareness of problems impacting the operation
Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance
· Ensures compliance with all regulatory standards, testing protocols and medical standards within department.
· Liaising with QA to track and implements quality system initiatives in accordance with corporate policies and professional standards.
· Ensures quality measures are in place and resolves any issues.
· Ensure that all laboratory Policies and Procedures are current, implemented and followed.
· Ensure that all employees are qualified, trained and competent to perform their duties
· Review and revise when necessary discrepancies and incidents, take action when required, and escalate to the Manager, Director, QRA or Medical/Scientific as required.
· Leads team to understand, implement and comply with LifeLabs Quality Systems and Privacy policies.
· Participate in critical reviews of key indicators, incident, audits, self-inspections and improvement opportunities resulting in effective implementation of corrective actions.
· Track completion of specific regulatory requirements such as temperature, QC, maintenance charts, Escalate non-compliance to Manager.
· Document, coordinate and track competencies.
· Ensures compliance with Quality Management Program-Laboratory Services (QMP-LS) and responsible for maintaining all departmental records and directing and overseeing QA/QC activities. Assists in preparing for audits and maintains relevant audit documentation.
· Initiate and document non-conformances related to operational and EHS non-conformances. Identify root cause and recommend corrective/preventative actions for manager approval.
The foregoing described duties are representative, and not necessarily all-inclusive.
- College diploma in Medical Lab Technology or equivalent education
- Registered with CSMLS
- Six years of diagnostic lab experience preferably in Microbiology and Molecular
- 37,5 hours per week. Additional shift hours as required by the operation
- Office and lab eniviornment. Occasional travel is required
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery