Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
The Technical Resource is responsible for providing technical expertise and support to all team members within their department during all operational hours to ensure quality and efficiency standards are maintained. The Technical Resource works closely with the Supervisor and Medical Scientific Staff to ensure the smooth technical operation of their department.
- Complete and maintain skills and expertise to support technologist in their responsibilities
- Provide technical guidance and direction to team by assisting with interpreting testing and procedural protocols.
- Support problem solving and implement solutions in conjunction with Medical Scientific staff, Supervisor, Quality Resources etc. as appropriate.
- Maintain updated dialogue with the Supervisor on all relevant technical information pertaining to areas of expertise.
- Ensure high quality standards are met for quality control, quality assurance programs and continuous improvement initiatives. Considers and recommends improvements in methodology or workflow.
- Troubleshoots workflow issues with regards to validation and external competencies to maintain daily turn-around time.
- Assist in coordinating training and orientation of new and existing staff in respective areas. Provide training input to the Supervisor and technical input into employee performance development.
- Develops and maintain Competency Assurance Program for existing staff.
- Organizes and delegates External Proficiencies for staff to perform
- Submits EQA results and troubleshoots issues arising after submission
- Adhere to DAP and ISO accreditation standards
- Participate and support in the development and implementation of new methodologies, studies, workflow and operational processes. Updates operational or technical manuals as required
- Assist problem solving and troubleshooting processes
- Maintains confidentiality involving any information made available directly or indirectly about clients including physicians, patients, employees and the company.
- Observes and executes all laboratory safety and security policies and regulations; including location and use of safety equipment, evacuation routes, disposal of contaminated material
- Maintains knowledge of safety/WHMIS and Environmental Health and Safety standards
- Participates in related meetings (Discipline, project, protocol, decision making, etc.)
- Apply LEAN principles to all benches, methodologies and workflow changes.
- Works collaboratively with other sites to build Provincially standardized protocols and practices within LifeLabs
- Supports and demonstrates Lifelabs’ vision (Caring, Knowledge, Action) and core values (Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence)
- Minimum requirements for this position include Certification (or eligible for certification) as CSMLS Clinical Genetics Technologist OR CSMLS Cytogenetics Technologist OR CSMLS Registered Technologist. A minimum of 5 years related experience in validation, implementation and creation of standard operating procedures with focus on quality and accreditation guidelines is required
- Relevant clinical molecular course work or degree, AND a minimum of 5-years related work experience in clinical molecular diagnostics is an asset, but those with less experience may be considered
- Additional experience or training on project teams, quality assurance or quality control programs is an asset.
- Intermediate level of computer experience in MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and/or EP Evaluator programs is an asset
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, both in a support and leadership role within a team.
As a caring and customer driven organization, LifeLabs is committed to providing inclusive, barrier free services and workplaces. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities during the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please advise the Recruiter who contacts you and we will work with you to meet your needs.
LifeLabs has operated in Canada for more than 50 years. It is a leading provider of laboratory testing and management services, contributing to the treatment and prevention of disease by enabling healthcare providers to operate more efficiently and effectively. LifeLabs provides more than 100 million diagnostic tests for approximately 19 million patients visits annually. Information from these tests plays a vital role in predicting, diagnosing, treating and monitoring disease. LifeLabs operates the largest community medical laboratory network in Canada, together with our hospital and healthcare partners. LifeLabs also partners with healthcare providers to build a healthier Canada by transforming and managing laboratory organizations to better meet the complex healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery