- Preparing and cooking complete meals including authentic South Indian dosas, curries, including a wide range of chicken, lamb, beef, seafood and vegetarian dishes, as well as South Indian style bread, rice specialties, and other dishes on the menu.
- May plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, monitor and order supplies.
- May hire and train kitchen staff, scheduling and supervising kitchen helpers daily, weekly and monthly.
- Plating, assembling and garnishing of all food products in a uniform manner.
- Monitor all dishes leaving the kitchen to ensure quality and good presentation of all food adapting recipes to special requests such as allergies and special diets.
- Complete all aspects of the job in a manner that will not affect the speed or quality of customer service at any time.
- Working knowledge of food safety and hygiene practices, washing and cleaning of ﬂoors, crockery, utensils and other kitchen equipment to ensure that the necessary hygiene, health, safety and sanitary standards are maintained in the kitchen.
- Maintain clean and safe kitchen environment adhering to food safety rules, quality and control standards.
- Receiving, storage and preparation of all food products according to Davie Dosa Company Restaurant speciﬁcations and practices and overseeing kitchen operations.
- Maintaining proper inventory levels of prepared products, supplies and equipment.
- Prepare items for grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating assuming 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Communicate with customers, staff and management in a friendly, yet professional manner.
- Other related duties as neededV
- Compensation Competitive according to experience $ Competitive according to experience Month
- Address 1235 Davie Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Apply for this job