Organization: Firehall Theatre Society
Deadline: Dec. 6, 2020
Firehall Theatre Society
Dec. 6, 2020
The Firehall Arts Centre/ Firehall Theatre Society is a 135-175 seat flexible studio theatre which is currently running at 40 seats, adhering to the Provincial COVID restrictions. The organization is producing and presenting a re- imagined season of theatre and contemporary dance during a pandemic and also rents the performance space to local theatre and dance companies.
The Firehall Arts Centre is seeking an enthusiastic Administrative Assistant to join our team as part of an eight week contract position January 4 2021 to February 27 2021 made possible by the extended Federal Government Student Summer program. The applicant must be a youth between the ages of 15 and 30 years. Reporting to the General Manager, this position is the perfect opportunity for the individual selected to gain a broad knowledge of the administration and operations of a producing and presenting performing and visual arts centre.
Responsibilities will include:
• Assisting with incoming phone calls, general emails and directing enquiries to the appropriate staff member.
• Greeting guests, artists and patrons to the space, making sure they are aware of our Covid safety plan
• Assist in sorting mail and responding to correspondence and emails as requested
• Facilitate deliveries and general building enquiries.
• Assist the general manager with administrative tasks as required.
• Supports box office coordinator with box office ticket reservations and other ancillary box office duties as required.
• Managing opening night lists, rsvps and media reserves
• Attend staff meetings
• Assisting with filing and learning the administrative systems of the office
• Update data and assist in office organization
• Computer literate including Microsoft Office and excel
• Familiarity with bookkeeping and accounting systems an asset.
• Experience with Theatre Manager or another ticketing program is an asset
• Must have great communication skills, be friendly and confident, have a love of the performing arts and a great sense of humor
How to Apply:
To apply for the position, please send resume and cover letter to The Firehall Arts Centre, 280 East Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1L3, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. We thank all who express interest in this position, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted. The Firehall Arts Centre is committed to employment equity.
This is a full time position working Monday through Friday 35 hours per week at $14.60 per hour for the duration of the contract.
Contact Name: Susan Shank
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (604) 689-0691
- CAD Month
- Address 938 Howe Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery