Closing Date: November 26, 2020
Want to make a difference? We are embarking on a groundbreaking journey that will change mining forever! Join a fast paced and dynamic team that is modernizing mining for the future.
Find out more about RACE21 on our website!
Reporting to the Manager, Strategy – RACE21™, the Analyst, Strategy – RACE21™ is responsible for supporting the development and execution of strategic roadmaps for 2022 – 2025 on existing and new innovation domains, working closely with our site and corporate groups.
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone with strong interpersonal and communication skills, who can effectively synthesize, analyze, and model sophisticated concepts and translate into clear messages. You are a motivated self-starter, meticulous in your work, a quick learner of new business domains, and will thrive in a constantly evolving, ambiguous environment.
This is an exciting and dynamic role that coordinates with teams across our business, including RACE21™ digital teams, operational end users, and corporate sustainability and functional specialists. You will have the opportunity to develop Teck’s approach to testing and implementing cutting edge technologies being used in this industry for the first time.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Draft clear problem statements; build, evaluate, and refine business cases; develop complex financial models for opportunity valuations; draw on current expertise and resources to complete detailed assessments of opportunities and identify realistic paths to deliver full value
- Evaluate data gathered from various sources, reconcile differences, translate into high-level information, and propose and communicate appropriate recommendations
- Lead agile ceremonies with core team during sprints to build portfolios of analytics-related opportunities to advance within the next two to five years for new domains
- Prepare presentation and information packages to assist senior management in decision making
- Support consolidation of a company-wide innovation portfolio, by using existing tools, to produce consistent and holistic views for communication across the organization
- Collaborate with the RACE21™ Digital team to define products and user requirements, and estimate the resources required to successfully execute cases
- Model and communicate commodity price and FX impacts on portfolios of opportunity
- Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Information Technology, or other relevant field, or a technical diploma with a combination of proven experience
- Minimum three years demonstrated ability in the resource industry, with experience in mining operations, business improvement, or financial analysis
- Experience developing and interpreting financial models and business cases based on operational Key Performance Indicators
- Strong digital literacy and proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in Excel
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.
- CAD Month
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery