Requisition ID: 267468
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) combines all analytics capabilities – including business intelligence (BI), planning, predictive analytics, data visualization, and digital boardroom tools – in a single cloud-based solution. It gives everyone from frontline workers to execs the power to find new insights and take action, anytime, anywhere.
The Analytics Cloud organization is looking for a Quality Automation manager to steer the quality assurance of our next generation cloud-based Analytics platform with fully automated processes. Are you a passionate individual who wants an opportunity to lead an area contributing to making our customers excited about the unique capabilities offered by our Analytics Cloud platform ? Do you thrive in a team with strong engineers to embrace the challenge and work together to release a quality perfect application ? If so, then this is the right job for you! Help us shape the future.
About the Team
The Quality Implementation team in the Augmented BI Cluster is responsible for the delivery of automated test scenarios reflecting end to end customer workflows, helping to validate the functional correctness of the new releases of SAP Analytics Cloud. You will be responsible to grow a newly established team of engineers of various skills to support the entire Augmented BI cluster as a transversal service. As a development and quality manager, you will be expected to keep up technically with the team and be able to provide different types of guidance to make the team successful in its delivery of automated scenarios and contribute to raise the quality bar to the highest level.
Expectations and Tasks
- The successful candidate will lead a cross functional, international team. Because the team is positioned at the cornerstone of all development teams of the Augmented BI cluster and is the last belt before shipping, we need someone who is customer focused, results-oriented, resourceful in getting things to work and productive working collaboratively.
- You are a quality passionate and demonstrate a constant focus to customer
- You steer the elaboration of new strategies and approaches to continuously enhance our quality framework. You enable quality excellence within product units through test techniques, process, frameworks and tools
- Everyone, including management, is close to the code and making technical contributions – including contributing to design, coding, testing, systems setup
- You lead a team of developer/test experts in multi-technology environment, and are responsible for creating and maintaining a high-performance team
You manage the lifecycle of employees – e.g. recruiting/retaining, developing/guiding/motivating, managing performance
- You ensure ongoing communication of company/org messages, objectives, goals and strategy into own team
- You work closely/collaborate across roles, functions and teams, as well as with colleagues in other countries and also customers/partners when needed.
- You master and play an active role in all aspects of the test process (of both new and existing applications and functionality)
- You stay curious on technology and understand how it may fit into or advance our strategic direction
Education and Qualifications / Skills and Competencies
- University degree in Computer Science (or related subject)
- Excellent people management skills, strong dedication to people development and mentoring
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Create project and execution plans, factoring in essential elements like monitoring and steering.
- Manage critical situations and their impact on business deliverables
- Team player with outstanding interpersonal skills and a high degree of personal initiative
- Flexible to changing priorities and requirements with flexibility to react on new challenges and opportunities
- Ability to encourage innovation and foster a high-energy and focused environment
- Create an environment of continuous learning and improvement, where people actively seek to coach and help with team and peer development
- Experience in test automation (Java, Selenium, Jasmine, Jenkins) or performance testing (jmeter, SOAP UI, performance tuning on application servers) appreciated
- Understanding/knowledge of Business Intelligence
- Familiarity of client-side technologies and development
- 5+ years experience as a software developer or quality expert working in Cloud software
- Prior experience as a team lead, people manager, and/or other experience in leadership role(s) is strongly desired
- Experience being the end to end delivery (i.e. solution definition, implementation, and quality) lead of a major topic or sufficiently complex features
- Prior experience in cloud software is strongly desired
- Prior experience with Business Intelligence is desired
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
- CAD Month
- Address 910 Mainland St, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery