Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Salary Range: $47910.23 to $59887.79
Position Status: Temporary Full Time
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer team in our Office of the Chief Financial Officer. We use financial foresight and legal insight to improve housing affordability.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. You will provide administrative support, coordination and prioritization of day-to-day operational requirements for an executive and/or senior level office. You will act as the first point of contact and establish communication links between varying levels of leadership and staff. You will provide timely, consistent, and effective delivery of information and assignments to and from senior level offices. This will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
Note: this is a 12-month temporary role
What you will need
• Post-secondary education/certificate for an administrative/executive assistant or in office management.
• Minimum of one-year experience as an executive/administrative assistant.
• Excellent interpersonal skills (tact, judgment, diplomacy, professionalism, political sensitivity) and effective oral and written communication skills (in both, French and English).
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff throughout the corporation and external stakeholders.
• Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Considerable working knowledge of administrative systems and processes, policies and procedures.
• Excellent time management skills and proven organizational skills enabling the balance of workloads and the prioritization of requests to meet deadlines with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing priorities.
• Excellent knowledge of political sensitivities and the diverse interests of stakeholders.
• Proven ability to analyze and problem-solving skills.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and some database knowledge.
Additional Assets (if applicable)
• Knowledge of CMHC’s business, mandate, objectives and administrative processes.
What you will be doing
• Participates in daily sessions with senior leaders, keeping abreast of issues and priorities to ensure appropriate information flow. Monitors assignments given by or on behalf of senior leaders and ensures control and timely completion.
• Maintains the appointment calendar and adjusts priorities to meet changing demands; flags special issues requiring immediate action or attention.
• Actions all docket assignments on behalf of the senior leader, ensuring assignment instructions are clear and that appropriate timelines are provided. Monitors the status of all docket assignments for the sector and assists with the coordination and tracking of assignments in collaboration with the Corporate Relations Office.
• Coordinates with the division’s management team and gathers required information related to agenda items; ensures items are logged appropriately.
• Consolidates input from all divisions, as appropriate, to ensure senior leader is well informed and ensures appropriate staff have the opportunity to review meeting materials in advance and provide feedback and intelligence.
• Plans and coordinates services, including: space allocation; database/file management; supplies management; travel arrangements and expense claims completion and processing. Coordinates activities relating to attendance management and ensures logistics for internal and external meetings and events.
• Provides general clerical and administrative services to senior leaders including coordination of translation requests, printing and IT support.
• Screens incoming material for relevant issues, conducting research as required; assimilates and correlates information; anticipates and plans for briefing material requirements.
• Prepares meeting agendas based on team input, circulates records of decisions, takes note of follow-up items discussed and monitors status of key files as required.
• Verifies and ensures the quality of critical documents prepared for or on behalf of the senior leader.
• Ensures invoices, requests and travel claims are coded and processed; generates journal vouchers and accruals, ensures verification in GEAC and expenses are accurate, and follows processes associated with the financial signing authorities’ instrument in Financial Authorities System.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
Job Requisition ID: 4972
Primary Location: [[filter5]], [[cust_stateProvince]]
Other Location(s): Toronto, Montréal, Québec, Halifax, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Saskatoon & Vancouver
Security Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: Occasional
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada’s official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
- CAD Month
- Address 1111 West Georgia Street Vancouver, B.C., Canada
- Image Gallery