Sector: Information Technology
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Salary Range: $91305.53 to $114131.91
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Data Governance and Exchange team in our Office of the Chief Information Officer sector. This sector uses financial foresight and legal insight to improve housing affordability.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. You will be part of the team building a data exchange for housing data in Canada. Your expertise in data governance will address the safe, effective and efficient sharing of data. Your experience in data project delivery will assist the organization realize the full value of structured data assets to drive efficiencies and value to business areas and into the design of information technology systems for external partners in order to help make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
• Undergraduate degree in a related field such as computer science, information studies, business, finance or commerce.
• Minimum of seven years of experience with Data Governance, Management and/or data strategy.
• Excellent ability to understand business goals and align goals to data-driven IT solutions
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentation skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent relationship skills.
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence at multiple levels within the organization.
• Knowledge of mortgage financing, real estate, housing and mortgage markets and/or housing systems is desirable
What you will be doing
•Engage with stakeholders to identify feasible data solutions that bring value, and that address concerns of privacy and governance and in accordance with operational, fiscal, legal and legislative requirements.
•Contribute to the prioritization and scoping of projects, supporting the creation of high-level plans and translating business needs into detailed requirements documents.
•Support the development of a data solutions strategy that encompasses outreach initiatives, information sessions, and change management initiatives introducing new data solutions, processes, etc.
•Collect, analyze and synthesize information from diverse sources on proposed legislative/regulatory changes, industry leading practices, user needs and technological advances to determine best practices and provide recommendations to senior management for Data Exchange development.
•Support operational initiatives within the team, including information management, performance measurement and/ or senior management reporting.
• Provide functional/technical guidance and direction to create alignment and adherence to data governance policies.
• Implement mechanisms/solutions and facilitate support and coordination to solve data-related issues that impact business decision making.
• Ensure there is a clear linkage between the business vision / strategic context, governance policy, and the scope of assigned deliverables.
• Develop objectives and take responsibility for engagement, enabling a culture of learning, performance management and accountability within a divisional group
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
Job Requisition ID: 5164
Office Location: Calgary (AB); Charlottetown (PE); Edmonton (AB); Halifax (NS); Moncton (NB); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Quebec (QC); Saskatoon (SK); St. John’s (NL); Thunder Bay (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC); Winnipeg (MB); Yellowknife (NT)
Security Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: Occasional
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada’s official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
- CAD Month
- Address 1111 West Georgia Street Vancouver, B.C., Canada
- Image Gallery