|City:||Vancouver, BC, Canada|
|Location:||Vancouver H/O – Canfor/CWPM_1000 (BC13)|
Canfor’s strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor.
The Billing Coordinator is responsible for managing document requirements for North American and international shipments; verifying shipment documentation for accuracy, and adherence of documentation to customer requirements and import-export laws.
- Prepare and provide accurate and timely export documents to customers in accordance with the terms of the sales agreement; includes Bills of Lading instructions, Commercial Invoices, Banking information and other relevant export documents pertaining to the sales contract requirements.
- Monitor loading status minimum twice daily to meet Bill of Lading instruction deadlines for each shipping line to ensure Cargos are not held back due to lack of information. This includes continuously monitoring shipments from the point of receipt through to delivery.
- Communicate Bill of Lading instructions with shipping lines; approve Bill of Lading proof copies; arrange for final Bill of Lading to be printed and delivered to Canfor after vessel sailing.
- Ensure shipments are processed accurately in the appropriate week and month of the actual sailing date; must match the invoice and general ledger dates.
- Prepare Collection Letter and coordinate delivery to bank for payment terms requiring final document package to be sent through customer’s bank. For Letter of Credit terms, coordinate with our bank to provide a non-discrepancy documents package against customer’s Letter of Credit
- Advise agents and local customers of final shipment information and respond to customers, agents, shipping companies and banks on documentation inquiries.
- Maintain strong lines of communication with other departments in order to establish and maintain effective and relevant export activities and support in relation to the organization’s sales, purchasing, supply chain, inventory management and overall operating functions.
- Maintain and share with colleagues as appropriate, personal knowledge of all relevant export law and procedures; tariffs and duties; licenses and restrictions.
- Process Invoice Adjustments, Debit/Credit Notes and Claims.
- Monitor and report on overall internal and external invoice adjustments as a performance KPI
- Obtain weekly inventory draws and balances from VMI customer locations; reconcile inventory to the Edge platform; book sales draws in the Edge platform
- Trouble shoot inventory discrepancies with Sales, Transportation & Customer
Experience & Specialized Knowledge
- Diploma of International Trade, Transportation and Logistics is highly desired
- Minimum of two years of commercial trade experience is required
- In depth knowledge of marketing, international trade, freight forwarding and letter of credit experience is considered an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, and working within an Enterprise Resource Planning system preferably JD Edwards Enterprise One
Skills & Ability
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of documents
- Well-organized and able to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to handle fluctuating work volumes productively, and meet tight short-term deadlines.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their applications no later than 4:00pm PST on November 5th, 2020.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant.
We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent
The city of Vancouver is both a natural beauty and a progressive urban centre, a rare place on earth that is idyllic and electric all at once. With one of Canada’s mildest climates, Vancouver is ideally suited for those devoted to outdoor pursuits, health and wellness. Along with its endless supply of fresh air and clean water, Vancouver also boasts countless choices for culturally diverse, world-class cuisine and an inventory of arts and entertainment events. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/vancouver
- CAD Month
- Address 100 -1700 W 75th Ave, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery