Closing Date: November 30, 2020
We are looking for a passionate developer in reporting, business intelligence and data visualization!
Reporting to the Manager, Application & Database Operations, the Business Intelligence Developer will support & enhance existing BI projects and participate in net-new initiatives to drive new capabilities while improving the enterprise capability in reporting and analytics.
The BI Developer has knowledge or experience implementing analytics solutions and common services such as Data Governance and Data Quality in hybrid data architectures (cloud and on-premise).This position will occasionally be called on to advise and support database applications such as system-to-system integrations or as an advisor to data migration / data cleansing efforts.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Participate in project planning sessions with multiple partners to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed solution
- Develop technical specifications based on business requirements
- Participate in design reviews, contribute to the design recommendations and incorporate the security requirements
- Provide input to information data and flow
- Understand and follow System Development Life Cycle methodology
- Adhere to I/S control policies throughout design, development, and testing
- Document the detailed application specifications
- Translate technical specifications into application modules
- Perform unit and integration testing
- Computer Science degree or equivalent education and experience
- Confirmed experience in building and deploying reports to either on-premise and/or cloud implementations of Power BI.
- Excellent SQL skills for extracting data from relational databases and designing & implementing data marts using SSIS to extract, transform, and load (ETL)business-critical information into SQL Server databases from disparate sources
- Hands-on experience building data analytical capabilities by using OLAP, SSIS, SSAS and Cubes
- Deep level understanding in writing MDX / DAX for design and reporting purposes
- Solid skills with the Microsoft technology stack (SSAS, SSRS, SQL Server, TSQL, MDX, DAX, Power BI, Power Pivot, Power Query)
- Ability to create multi-dimensional and tabular models.
- Creative and innovative problem-solver applying the best techniques that address data architecture, extraction, transformation, movement, storage, integration and governance of data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both technical and non-technical scenarios.
- Knowledge of or experience with ML enabled Data Management, Data Lakes and, IOT Integration and Analytics projects considered an asset.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
- CAD Month
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery