Requisition ID: 272136
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The SAP HANA Database and Analytics Core engine team is looking for an intermediate developer to contribute to our next generation query engine development. In this role, you will be designing, developing features and maintaining our query engine, which runs inside SAP HANA in-memory database, and serves Analytics, Big Data, and Business Intelligence queries.
At SAP, all members of the engineering team, including management are hands-on and close to the code. If you think you can thrive in such an environment, and you have the necessary skills and experience please do not hesitate to apply.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As a developer on the SAP Analytics Cloud team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to hands-on coding, design, and architecture that is best suited for our team size and performance targets
- Requirement elicitation, feature elaboration, task break-down and estimation
- Collaborate in a team environment that extends to colleagues in remote locations and from various lines of businesses within the company
- Ability to communicate, and guide other teams to construct best possible queries for their needs
- Assess new technology, tool and infrastructure to keep up with the rapid pace of change.
- Embrace lean and agile software development principles
- Debug, troubleshoot and communicate with customers about their issues with their data models, and queries
- Continually enhance existing skills and seek new areas for personal development
- Must have university degree in computer science, or engineering with 2+ years of recent and relevant hands-on experience working as a C++ developer. Other object-oriented languages may be considered
- Prior experience designing and developing well-encapsulated, or object-oriented code is required
- Knowledge and experience with more recent C++ standard such as C++14 is highly desirable
- Knowledge of relational logic and prior experience with summarization and/or reporting using SQL, or OLAP, or NoSQL databases is highly desirable
- Development experience with large codebases, and developing native applications on Linux is desirable
- Experience with debugging using GDB is desirable
- Knowledge and experience developing multi-threaded applications is desirable
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol, and TCP/IP networking is required
- Experience with development methodologies and continuous development models is desirable
- Prior experience with gathering requirements and interfacing with customers and product management is desirable
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and communication skill is required
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
- Address 910 Mainland St, Vancouver, BC, Canada