Organization: Firehall Theatre Society
Deadline: Oct. 5, 2020
Firehall Theatre Society
Oct. 5, 2020
The Firehall Theatre Society/Firehall Arts Centre inspires audiences with theatre, dance and visual arts; from an amazing Heritage Building in the Downtown East Side of Vancouver. In our 38th season, the Firehall Arts Centre is embracing the challenges of functioning in a Covid environment. We will be going forward with what we are calling a salon series which will limit the number of patrons attending the theatre to a max of 50 and following all safe social distancing procedures. In this limited capacity we hope to continue our artistic programming that keeps the Centres doors open and supports artists, staff and audiences to the best of our ability.
Reporting to the General Manager and working with the Box Office Coordinator, the Customer Service and Front of House Coordinator is responsible for providing excellent customer service. The position will be required to learn all of the Firehall Arts Centres safety protocols and be responsible for the safe seating of patrons; ensuring patrons are seated in their bubbles and safely 2 meters away from other patrons. Features of this position that focus on the safety of the patrons and staff will be highlighted. We do have a custodian but between shows that the custodian is not working this position will be responsible for cleaning all high touch areas.
• Managing customer and front of house services for performances and events. This includes all aspects of audience service, including liaising with the bartender, box office, volunteer ushers, stage manager and technical staff.
• Creating a schedule for evening staff
• Greeting patrons and responding to questions regarding our Covid safety plan.
• Assisting Bar staff as needed
• Preparing post show reports.
• Be a direct contact to office staff to ensuring all front of house supplies and bar supplies are fully stocked and all show related displays and signage are up to date and neatly displayed
• Working with custodian to ensure cleanliness of the venue is maintained including outside areas and washrooms (pre and during performances)
• Ensuring building security is maintained during your shift including pre-show, during and post –show
• Organizing and support volunteer ushers
• Becoming familiar with the building and the needs of the building
• Exceptional customer service and people skills
• Well organized and efficient
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Experience with volunteer management
• Excellent computer skills, with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Drive
• Experience in public speaking is an asset
• Availability evenings and weekends
• Level 1 Occupational First Aid Certificate
• Serving Right and Food Service
• Good cash management skills
How to Apply:
To apply for the position, please send resume and cover letter to The Firehall Arts Centre, 280 East Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1L3, or email to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is October 5, 2020.
No phone calls please. We thank all who express interest in this position, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted. The Firehall Arts Centre is committed to employment equity.
This is a temporary full-time contract position approximately 35 hour a week, based on performance schedules. Our weekly performance schedule is Tuesday through Sunday. Remuneration is $18 dollars an hour.
Contact Name: Susan Shank
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (604) 689-0691
- CAD Month
- Address 938 Howe Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery